A few people have asked me to post a picture of my original dental xray...this is a REALLY bad copy but it's all I have. I had to take a pic of a black & white copy that the office gave me. :) On the x-ray machine it looks a little worse than this (because with the black & white copy it has white where there isn't necessarily as much)...but it gives you a general idea of what it looks like. As you can see, there isn't anything holding those teeth in my mouth, except for the gums in between the teeth. I am now going to the endodontist once a month (which is a nice change from twice a month) & my progress has stayed about the same. When I went in to see my endodontist last week, he asked if I have been sick this past month. I haven't, but my pain has been much worse than it was (before I had to go to the ER) and I haven't been getting much sleep (until this week). He told me my immune system is weak & my mouth is still infected. He even threw around the whole surgery idea, but wants to wait and see if things will improve with just having the medicine injected into the teeth, like we've been doing. Apparently if he does have to do surgery, he will have to do two more root canals & it would be semi-serious because so much of the bone is still missing...there isn't much to work with. So that is my LONG dental update...now I'll move on to the others.
I haven't had acupuncture for the past month, because my acupuncturist's life has been absolutely crazy with both of his parents dying within a couple months of each other. I feel so bad...I hate when someone has to go through so much at one time! I will be seeing him tomorrow, so hopefully that will help my pain somewhat. I have had one treatment since I went to the ER, which didn't help much, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just afraid that my endometriosis has gotten to a point where the acupuncture can't help it nearly as much as it had been helping. We'll see though.
And finally, I have a surgery date...January 16th! I know it isn't before Christmas...I was really disappointed at first that they couldn't schedule me earlier than that, but it will be fine. At least I have a date to look forward to, and I am anticipating this month to go by fairly fast with it being Christmas and all. It worked out well because my surgery will be during Lincoln's break from school. He will hopefully be able to plan his work schedule so that he has a few days with me after surgery before he has to go back to work. So in that aspect, I guess I really lucked out! That's it for now...if anything changes, I will post! I feel like my life is kind of at a standstill until I go into surgery, but I am trying to stay positive!
P.S. I mentioned that I hit my head on my trip. I talked to my dr and she was thinking about sending me in to get my head scanned, but today my symptoms are almost completely gone...so I'm ok. :) Hooray for that! Oh and that "Greg and Nora" quip was from A Very Brady Christmas...a classic!
12.03.2008
Health Update
Posted by Hiatt Family at 6:53:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


2 comments:
WOW! That is some MAJOR bone loss for being as young as you are...and if the original x-ray shows less "white" aka less bone...it is bad...Something you usually only see in textbooks...good luck! Keep me updated! Post on "after" x-ray when you get a chance...this stuff fascinates me!!
Are you coming up to Snowflake for the Willis Thanksgiving on Saturday? Beckett and I are HERE!
Post a Comment