I thought I would post a few good updates! Last week my endodontist appointment went extremely well. I definitely have new bone growth in my mouth...this month's x-ray looks so much better than last month's x-ray. My endodontist is confident that more bone will grow back. He still thinks he will need to do surgery on my mouth...but if as much bone grows back as he his hoping, the surgery won't be nearly as big of a deal as it would have been. I've been going to the endodontist regularly for 10 months now. I'm SO glad that all of his work is finally paying off!
Also, the new medication that the GI doctor prescribed is working very well! I don't feel nearly as "out of it" today as I have since I started taking it. I also woke up at 11am today...which I know is still really late, but it is much better than sleeping into the afternoon like I was doing! I feel like my body is finally adjusting to it. Last night I got a good night's sleep...I still got 11 hours but am confident that my body will keep adjusting so that I can sleep 8-9 hours a night. Also, as far as taking my pain away, this medication is working wonders! I still have to take a couple Percocet a day...but this is my week that is usually HORRIBLE, & I am already taking less pain medication than I do on a day outside of my bad week! So far today I've taken Aleve & one Percocet and I feel pretty good. Seriously, that is UNBELIEVABLE...usually during my bad week I am taking 6 Percocet and 2 Aleve over the course of a day, and am still in excruciating pain. I am really hoping that soon I will only have to take this new medication (which I mentioned before is NOT a narcotic) & Aleve and won't have to take Percocet at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that will happen!
So while things are still definitely not ideal, there are some big improvements! I'm still worried about what might be causing these stomach problems, because this medication is just masking the pain...but I am SO thankful that I am more comfortable and not in as much pain as before, and am able to take less pain pills every day. Hooray for that!!!


1 comment:
I am glad that you are finding something that works. You are so brave. I wish that you did not have to go through all of this.
Post a Comment