4.10.2009

Crazy Day

Yesterday was a crazy day. Our day started with our old next-door neighbors paying us a visit. I've been really anti-social lately & I hadn't realized how much I miss the Moaks until they came over yesterday. I used to go over to their house when I was lonely or not feeling well & Brandon & Christa would play games with me. I didn't realize how therapeutic that was until I didn't have it anymore. Plus, I always felt comfortable there & never had to explain myself to them...I miss them.
Lincoln & Savannah are good friends. We had so much fun hanging out with them! Thank you for stopping by Christa!

Duke spent the day at the vet yesterday. He hasn't eaten since Monday and was still throwing up everything he was drinking yesterday. We found out that he has parvo. We figure his chances of living are about 80%. He has been so lethargic...it is so sad. I'm not sure what I would do without him. I think I would actually miss him hovering over my dinner plate, begging for food. :) (See ugly random pic of me above). We have to give him an iv treatment 3 times a day with shots. Daisy probably has parvo or will get it, so luckily we can start her treatment now before it gets bad. I've said lots of little prayers for Duke, and today he seems more like himself so I think that is a great sign!
Yesterday my mom called to tell me that my grandma is in the hospital. She has been sick for quite awhile & the family has been taking care of her. I'm not sure what will happen to her during these next few days, but that wasn't great news to get.
Last night Lincoln & I went to CVS to get some Easter candy. I'm not sure what happened but my stomach started hurting REALLY BAD while we were there. I was doubled over in the store, hardly able to walk. It kept happening over & over. When I got home, I laid down and the pain just kept coming. It takes a lot of pain for me to be doubled over like that. It was really weird. I was really close to having to go to the emergency room, but luckily the medication I take at night kicked in & I was able to fall asleep. This morning I haven't had any bad pain yet, so I'm grateful for that.
Today is our anniversary! We are going out to eat tonight to celebrate & will also celebrate a little bit tomorrow. I'm excited. We are in need of some serious celebration! :)

5 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, that has to be terrible pain. I really hope the GI figures out what's going on. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I couldn't imagine.

I hope your cuties get better ! Parvo sucks !

Emily Morgan said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I hope that somehow you can be pain free while you celebrate! (and maybe even longer - that would be extra great!) Sorry to hear about your Grandma, I hope she is OK.. and I hope your dogs get better, too! Hang in there - so many people love you!

Molly Scarbrough said...

Anjane' I am so sorry duke has parvo!! My bro and sister in law just got a little puppy and she is getting over it..but it is so scary. I really hope he gets better soon and happy anniversary!

BAM & CJ said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you two have fun tonight!! That's too bad about Duke! Hopefully everything will be okay. It sounds like it will. And I'm glad you guys are able to start treatments for Daisy.
It was great seeing you guys yesterday! We miss you guys a ton. Brandon can't wait til you guys have more free time!!!

M and D Hiatt said...

Hey, Matt wants to know what the heck you were doing at CVS????? :) Happy Anniversary!!! We love you guys.

Blog Archive