I finally discovered a ChapStick that I'm not allergic to! Yes, I am allergic to chapstick & most lipsticks, lip gloss, etc. When I use something that I'm allergic to, my lips get really sore & really swollen. My lips are already big (which I never noticed until college when one of my friends told me so), so when they swell they are HUGE! I first discovered this allergy when I went camping as a teenager with my extended family. I put a bunch of chapstick & Blistex on my lips & the next morning when I woke up, my lips hurt. My cousins were laughing at me & told me to look in a mirror. I did...& my lips were SO big. I had to spend the rest of the campout with swollen lips and my family making fun of me. Another time, I was getting ready for a musical theater performance & getting all of my makeup put on. Before we went on stage, my lips started tingling & beginning to swell. I was frantically trying to rub all of my lipstick off before my lips could get bigger! Good memories. :)
4.04.2009
Discovery
Posted by Hiatt Family at 2:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


4 comments:
I don't know whether to laugh at you for that or feel bad as you reveal yet another freakish health problem...uh, not that I'm calling you a freak. Should I just stop talking now?
Most people would pay good money for that kind of allergic reaction! By the way, thanks for your comment. Sometimes all you need is to know there's someone who truly understands what you're going through. I hope things look up for the both of us. Ps-I totally know what you mean about that one horrible wk every month. I should take stock in midol!
I am so sad for you.... Lipgloss is my life! haha not really but seriously! But I am happy that you found one that you can finally use! Oh and your lips are perfect! I wish mine were bigger!!!
That is so weird that you were allergic to chap stick. I think that may have happened to me once before, but I am not sure if it was the lip gloss I was using that made my lips a little bit swollen. Good thing you found something that works !
Post a Comment