Well, my whole family is finally in town! We haven't all been together since December, so it has been great spending time with each other. Yesterday Linc & I hung out with Shawn (my brother) & Ashley (his girlfriend). We talked, ate treats & everyone (except me) went swimming. Daisy & Duke even swam. Lincoln just threw them in the pool over & over and they would paddle to the side and get out. I don't think that they loved it. :) That night Melissa (my sister) & Brad (her fiance) got into town, so we ate dinner and then headed over to my little sister Megan's softball game.
Here are Shawn & I hanging out at the game. I'm SO excited that he is living here for the summer!

Here are Melissa & Brad...the happy couple! We actually had never met Brad until last night! My parents hadn't even seen a picture of him. I'm sure he was so nervous to meet all of us at once...being engaged to my sister already! All of us love him & are so excited that he is going to be a part of our family. Melissa & Brad are getting married July 17th & are moving to AZ about a week before the wedding! (By the way....I'm trying to gather addresses for them, so any of Melissa's friends who want to get an announcement, please leave your address, unless she has it already!)

Here is my dad at the softball game, being weird as usual! Basically a SUPER creepy guy carved something creepy in this tree next to us. My dad started joking that the tree was hurt (he owns a tree business) & the picture above was his response to my brother calling him a "tree hugger". My dad is hilarious! He can seriously always make me laugh!
Today/tonight we all went to Aaron's track meet & he did SO well! He PR'd at 14.28 on the 110m high-hurdles. He bashed his leg on the first hurdle too, so his leg was all bloody when he was done...and he still got his fastest time even after hitting the hurdle! The weather was PERFECT tonight & it felt so good being out & about and spending time with everyone. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post in a few days!
Update: Aaron's time last night moved him up to #1 in the SW region (which is made up of 6 states) & #22 in the nation! I'm SO proud of him!!!
2 comments:
Sounds like you all had fun together. That's crazy that nobody had met your sisters fiance yet. That's kind of how it was with me and Jon Mark.
Hurray for family! I miss mine but I'm glad you got to see all of yours! I hope you made your 'new brother in law' feel extremely nervous! ha ha getting engaged without meeting ANY of the family! Who does that! :D just kidding! That's awesome you were all together. And making awesome memories. Your dad sounds like a hilarious guy and that's funny that he doesn't mind being that way in public. Love it. :)
Post a Comment