We had a graduation party at my parents' house for Aaron last night. It was so fun to see our family & friends there. I helped my mom make salsa yesterday morning, and Aaron was at home, walking around with his shirt off...every time I see hair under my baby brother's arms, it totally freaks me out! Ha ha, I'm serious...I can't believe he's an adult now. :) Here we are just before the party started... I made the homemade oreos below. I thought I was being pretty creative by making red & blue frosting (Aaron's school colors) to frost the cookies with. :) By the time I made all of those cookies (that's not all of them) and helped set up for the party, I felt like I was going to collapse...I was exhausted.
And now for a little update...I always thought acupuncture either worked for people or it didn't. I didn't realize it was such a complex thing...the acupuncturist has to figure out the perfect combination of where to put the needles, in order for the patient to get the maximum benefit. The combination that my acupuncturist has used this last month and a half, is working SO well. It's crazy...he tells me "these next few weeks this shouldn't hurt as much" and it doesn't. These are problems that my doctors don't know what to do for, but this guy sticks some needles in me and I feel ten times better than I did. I am SO, SO, SO thankful for acupuncture. As far as eating goes, I'm able to eat a lot more than I thought I could. I still have a couple days a week where I just hang out at home and rest. I still get tired easily & have a hard time when I'm on my feet for a long time. Things are definitely improving though. I'm also having success with decreasing my dose of medicine that I've been taking to help me sleep & to help my pain. I'm taking half as much as I was, and haven't had the pain come back. I lost a few pounds right away when I decreased the dose too, which made me happy.
As far as getting pregnant goes, I've learned lately how important it is to get my own health under control first. I want to be completely off of my medication first (the medicine isn't the worst to take when I'm pregnant, but it's definitely not the best either) and I want to learn a little bit more about the foods that help and hurt me. I don't feel comfortable having my body be in charge of taking care of another little body when I'm still having so many problems. I am guessing in a couple months we'll be ready to try to add to our family again though. I was looking at the above picture (taken in July 2006) and realized how much things have changed since I was last pregnant. Shawn hadn't gone on his mission yet, and Megan & Aaron look so young! It surprised me to realize how long it has really been. I miss it. I LOVED being pregnant, and I felt GREAT during my pregnancy. I always say that Jackson gave me 17 months of good health (8 months of pregnancy and 9 months of feeling good after I had him). So anyway, I figured since people have been asking me what's going on with trying to get pregnant now that I'm feeling somewhat better, I thought that some of the people who read my blog must be wondering the same thing. :) Somtimes I wonder if I should say as much as I do about all of this, but it really does help us to have the support that we do. I really appreciate how encouraging and understanding everyone has been during these trials that we've been dealing with. Life is good.


2 comments:
You look adorable in that picture, first of all : ) But I am happy you post about these things. It helps people like me understand it better. And it is probably easier than telling 10 different people 10 different times. So thanks for keeping me updated !
I am totally with you on waiting to get control of your body before getting pregnant again. I think that is a great decision and I hope the Lord will heal you of these pains and will allow you to get pregnant quickly. I am hoping for twins for you ! Is it terrible for me to jinx you with that ; )
I am so glad that things are looking better for you! I wish you the best of luck when the time comes to add to you family. My sister in law says that the baby who comes after the loss of a child is extra special because he/she knows the amount of heartache that his/her parents must feel. That new baby is like the rainbow after the storm. I wish you the best of luck.
Post a Comment