5.17.2009

Busy Week

This week was crazy, with it being the end of the school year and everything. Lincoln is officially done with his finals...hooray! We're not used to having time to just hang out and not worry about anything else. It's been awesome!
Yesterday my good friend Heather had a baby shower. She looks like she's about 4 months along, huh?! I am SO excited for her & Josh...they are having a little boy! Heather & I have been friends for about 13 years. It was fun to see her family and a few old friends! Congrats Heather! You are going to be a great mom. (Notice the blue frosting on the front of my shirt...I spill on myself EVERY time I eat!)

After the baby shower, I met my whole family at Joe's BBQ. Brad's (Melissa's fiance's) family drove from Cali to meet my parents. His family is so nice! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of everyone...but I did get one of Megan rubbing this little guy's belly! :)
And now for some REALLY exciting news...SHAWN & ASHLEY GOT ENGAGED LAST NIGHT!!! Her ring is GORGEOUS. I am SO happy for them. We absolutely love Ashley & have been hoping that they would get married. Their date is August 7th...less than a month after Melissa & Brad's wedding (they moved theirs to July 10th). By the way...the baby in the picture isn't theirs. :) He's our cousin's cute little boy Crew.
Last night we saw Aaron run in the State Finals. A lot of people came out to support him...it was so nice of everyone to come! Aaron did really well...he ran in 4 events and got 3rd place in both of his hurdle events. If he had run the best that he had during the year, he would have gotten first, but he still did great! Also, one of the relay teams that Aaron ran in set the all-time Mountain View record in that event. He has had such a great year! He'll be leaving on his mission this summer & is planning on running track for BYU when he gets back.
After the track meet, we went to Applebee's to eat dinner (at 11pm). My poor mom is on a diet and could only eat an apple. For some reason, I thought that was really funny.
We take "sister pictures" quite often, and now we have another sister to add...so here is our new sister pic! Welcome to the family Ashley!!! P.S.-Funny sidenote: Ashley's last name is Allen, so she won't have to change her last name when she gets married! :)

No comments:

Blog Archive