5.12.2009

I Know You're Jealous...


Today I had my capsule endoscopy. Yesterday was my clear liquid diet & "prep" day...the third I've had so far this year. The prep for the tests and surgeries is always the worst! I gagged down the drink I had to buy at the pharmacy in record time, and took the 3 pills to make sure the job was done. I know, I know...you are wishing you were me right now.
Today I went into the office to swallow the camera & get the gear put on. Now, the pamphlet I received in the mail had a picture of a girl with a thin belt and little pager-sized box on the side. It was uglier & bigger in the picture than I thought it would be...& then I saw the real thing that I was supposed to wear. It was way bigger & uglier than the picture! It's a good thing I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. The lady that does the test told me that I would look like I had a bomb strapped to me & she was right. This picture doesn't really do it justice...it had wires sticking out of the bottom that ran up my shirt and from the back I looked like I had a big back brace on. I got some really funny looks walking from the doctors office to the car. I realized if I moved much at all, the sticky things under my shirt would move...so I got pretty bored just laying around. I slept for awhile & then went over to my parents' house with Lincoln & the dogs to hide out until I could go back to the office. The pill I swallowed was really cool looking...it said PillCam on one side and the other side was clear, so I could see the flashing light from the camera. When I went back to the office a few hours ago, they took the box off (which holds hours of pictures & videos from inside my body) and removed the sticky things (do those have a name?) and I came home. The whole test is pretty fascinating actually. It makes me so thankful that I live in a day when we have such amazing technology available to us. It also made me very grateful for good insurance, because I'm sure the test is expensive! I should get the results back, along with my blood test results, by Friday or Monday. I have an appointment with the GI Specialist next Wednesday...hopefully this will give us some more answers!!! Apparently the capsule endoscopy is almost as good as doing exploratory surgery...I'm anxious to see what they find.

7 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

I hope you get some answers!! Good luck! You look JUST like your mom in that picture!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh I love love love it! So much better than I was even hoping for! Thanks for posting it :) ha ha I want one!!! I can't wait to see what they find!

Amy said...

WOW! That is amazing. Hope they find whats going on. How does the camera get out...or do I need to know that?

Andrea Gunnell said...

I sure hope you are able to find some answers. What an amazing test! Technology is just incredible.

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, that is pretty amazing ! We really are lucky we live in a day when we have this type of technology. I am anxious to hear the results.

Jana said...

I really wish you'd stop making me jealous with all your cool tests and fancy torso-wear.

Bekah: said...

are you a ticking time bomb? you look hot. you have a little laura croft tomb raider look going on, you just need a skanky top and some tight pants ;) i'm sure Linc wouldn't object!

Hang in there. Let us know what the camera finds!

Blog Archive