Lincoln had never castrated an animal before, but he was a pro. Those extra shifts at the hospital must be paying off! :)
I was in charge of keeping the tally. I probably wasn't the best one for the job though, because I kept getting distracted and having to recount the cows. The blood was from some cow parts that Lincoln gave to Daisy. I was NOT excited about him feeding the dogs cow ears and scrotums, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Lincoln was SO proud of me because I didn't freak out when blood got on my paper & I just wrote right over the blood. It's funny what impresses him. I told him I have had that side to me all along, but that he just never gets a chance to see it! :)
Another job I had was trying to keep one of the cows in the chute. It was so much harder than it looked. I was trying to keep the cow pressed up against the fence, but was afraid it would kick me. I'm sure someone a mile away could tell I grew up in the city! Here's Kyle trying to keep the cows in line...
Daisy's battle wound...Linc's grandparents' dog & Daisy were fighting over a cow part and the other dog won. He punctured Daisy's face on both sides...it was sad.
Daisy sat by me & watched while Lincoln worked his magic on the bulls. About 20 minutes into it, I noticed that Duke wasn't there. I didn't see him anywhere & was a little nervous that he got trampled or something. I walked back up to the house to look for him & found him hiding under a car, shaking like crazy. Poor guy. Maybe seeing the bulls get fixed brought back bad memories of his own surgery. :) He stayed under the car for over an hour! Here's Beckett looking out the window at Duke.
Lincoln after a hard day's work...he liked this way too much!
6.09.2009
How Bulls Become Steers...
Posted by Hiatt Family at 12:22:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


1 comment:
Seriously, who are you ?! That is crazy stuff. It is like a different world there. SOOO GROSS ! ! But awesome for at least being there and doing it. I have to give you props for that !
Post a Comment