Lincoln & I (and the dogs) left Friday night to go to this beautiful place... Oh, we love it here! It is so relaxing and not a far drive. I wish we could go every weekend!!! We got up there pretty late that night, but stayed up talking with Linc's parents and his Uncle Deon & Aunt Lisa until even later. It was fun to see all of them. They all treat us so well.
On Saturday everyone worked hard getting the cabin ready for the annual family reunion that is coming up. I didn't do much at all...I wasn't feeling well so I read a lot and took a few naps. One of the best parts of the day was sitting on the deck and watching a mother bird feed her babies (there is a nest in the corner under the deck). The little baby birds would start squawking and I could see their little heads popping up over the nest, while the mama bird made sure they got enough food. I saw this happen at least four times during the day. I LOVED IT!!! I didn't get a picture of the birds, but I did snap a picture of the boys taking a break after a hard day's work...
Another great thing about going to the cabin, is that we have regular animal sightings. This time there were two elk on the other side of the lawn. I got really close to them. After we watched them for awhile, Linc sent the dogs down to see what they would do. Here they are headed toward the elk...Daisy & Duke ended up chasing them down the creek. It was pretty funny.
Here is the close-up shot I got...it was so cool!!! By the way, that's a pile of dirt by them...in case you were wondering. :)
6.28.2009
Off To The Cabin
Posted by Hiatt Family at 10:31:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


No comments:
Post a Comment