THE PAPERS ARE SIGNED! This is how my mom & I feel about it...
Are you ready for a story? The papers were originally supposed to be signed on Tuesday. I had commented to the birth mom that things have been going SO,SO smoothly...and I wondered if that might change. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about when I say that when you are making a really good, life-changing decision, that bad things sometimes start happening that can get in the way of it. Well, Tuesday was that day... a million different random things in our house have broken these last couple of weeks (laptop, microwave, my beloved hair straightener, etc.) & we added a few things to that list on Tuesday. Oh how fun. I had called the birth mom to tell her that I was WAY behind schedule that day & shared with her a few things that were going on...you know, just little things like finding out that we had to have ALL of our adoption money that day instead of the $1000 we thought we needed. (The birth mom told me that she had been having a similar day...it was insane.) I commented to her that I didn't know what else could go wrong. Well... Finally, HOURS after I should have had everything ready to go to LDS Family Services, I was ready to walk out the door. After I had Kylee in her carrier, & all of my paperwork was finally copied and in my folder, I went to use the bathroom. Are you ready for this story? Trust me, it's a good one. When I flushed the toilet, I turned to wash my hands and my truck key (the big one with the faub on it) flew out of my pocket & straight down the toilet! Linc took the whole toilet apart and the key is nowhere to be found. And it is our only one...because I lost our other one over a year ago and have never found it. Now we have to go to the dealership tomorrow and spend $180 on a new key. Of course.
As far as the papers that were signed...this means that the parents have signed over their rights. We now have Kylee "officially" in our care and have the ability to make decisions for her now (like medical care, etc.) We are still in the process of being certified through LDS Family Services and signing temporary custody paperwork with our attorney. I could go into more detail, but it is kind of confusing. Basically, getting these papers signed was the most important part of this process and means that as long as certification goes well (I'm not sure why it wouldn't) she is ours! We are BEYOND excited!
Oh, and are you ready for some other INCREDIBLE news? My sister Melissa (who is responsible for bringing Kylee into our lives and who has always been my BEST FRIEND) is pregnant!!! Seriously...life just doesn't get much better than this!
P.S. More pictures like the one above (taken on our Utah trip last month) are coming...I finally uploaded the past month's pics to my computer! I'm sure you can't wait! :)
9.10.2009
Good News!
Posted by Hiatt Family at 7:36:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


14 comments:
Anjane`
we are so happy for you guys!! can't wait to meet up with you!
Heather
Oh my goodness, that is GREAT news ! What a wonderful blessing for you and Lincoln - and for Kylee ! I am SO happy for your family. I would be jumping for joy for you too, but since I am 6 months pregnant, I probably shouldn't ! I can't wait to see pictures of her and to see her in person. Are you having a shower ( I certainly HOPE so, I need to get you some cute girl stuff ! )
It sounds like the adversary was working on your pretty hard the other day. It makes you realize he was no happy with the WONDERFUL decision you and Lincoln were making to bring that sweet baby home. Good job, you're going to be an amazing Mom : )
I am SO excited for you... I haven't been blogging in the past few weeks so I just got caught up in your new exciting adventure and I got goose bumps reading about the arrival of you new baby girl!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
Wow- I also haven't been up to speed with blogging in a long time, so I just got caught up with your story and that is such an amazing miracle! Byron and I are beyond thrilled for you guys! I totally want an invite to your baby shower!oh- and my email is sommerh9@hotmail.com for your private blog :) congrats! Xox
Anjane that is fantastic!! What great news all around, I can't wait to see pics of the new little family on the ol' blog! You guys are going to be such fun and amazing parents lucky Kylee! Congratulations again for the lovely miracle!
AAAAAAAAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing you have that AMAZING news to offset the crappy key-losing thing. And all that other...stuff...
OMGOSH, I have never met you, but I'm soo happy for you. My eyes are tearing up as I read this. I know how you feel. I have been through almost everything you have. I have felt your pain all to often. I have never been happier for a wonderful, caring, deserving couple. All the emotions of being a mommy for the first time are comming back to me and I'm soo happy for you. What a lucky little girl. God is Good! A bazillon congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tracy
Congrats! Wahoo! How exciting. I can't wait to meet her and see pictures.
YES!!!!!!!! I am beyond excited for you..congrats on everything..Im glad that you have a little girl and I can't wait to see pictures..I am so happy for you..
Anjane' I dont know if you remember me for good ol 30th ward, but I have been looking at your blog for awhile now from Savannah's. I am so happy for your new little addition. You guys will be the bes parents! You have such an amazing story and are such an example to all of us! I would love to be added to keep up with your family. angie8smith@yahoo.com
Anjane-
My mom and i were so excited when we found out about this!! Congratulations! My mom would also like to keep up with you so if you want to add me to your blog please do.
melissaporter@cox.net
yay! I know how exciting this news is!!!! I am so happy for you. It is funny because "our" day was pretty rough too. Not nearly as crazy as yours, but I felt overwhelmed and frusturated. I think it is so interesting how the adversary works so hard on us at times like this.
Ok so I want to see more pictures of her!!!!!
Love you guys.
oh and congrats to Melissa! How exciting!
I am so happy for you! Congratulations. Please add me to your site when you go private (I'm a friend of your parents, by the way!) Maria Lamb, atvhigh@aol.com.
Post a Comment