A few weeks ago we went to Eagar for my niece Alyssa's baptism. We are so proud of her & the decision she made to be baptized! She asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, which made me feel so good. I'm not sure that I pulled it off, since we had just gotten Kylee that week & I was mentally in a totally different place...but I was glad that she asked me. Here she is holding Kylee...congratulations on your baptism Alyssa! We love you so much! (You'll notice as I post more pictures that Kylee is always sticking her tongue out...it's pretty funny.)All of Linc's mom's side of the family went to Linc's sister Wendy's house after the baptism. I thought it was just a post-baptism party...until I saw gifts in baby girl bags sitting around the room. The really funny thing was that it wasn't supposed to be a "surprise shower" but nobody told us about it. So I'm just waiting for someone to say, "Guess what Anjane' & Lincoln? Surprise! We are having a shower for you!" Everyone just sat around talking and eating and kind of looking at me. Finally, Kylee got her outfit all wet and I realized I hadn't packed an extra one, so someone told me to open their gift since there was a newborn outfit in there. Then we realized the whole situation with me thinking the shower was a surprise & that it wasn't supposed to be...it was really funny. We had a really good time & were touched by the thoughtful gifts we received. It was SO fun getting new clothes for Kylee...I was in heaven! Here are Shelby & Aunt Lea with Kylee...
Linc's cousin Logan and his girlfriend with Kylee...I love this picture.
Can you tell that Lincoln is REALLY excited to be part of a baby shower? What a bum.
I was obviously thrilled...I don't think my smile could be any bigger!
Our first little "family picture" with Kylee.
Thanks so much to Lincoln's family for being so kind to us! We got some really fun gifts, including homemade blankets from Linc's aunts and cousins. It was so thoughtful. We also received a lot of money to help with the cost of the adoption. We are so, so thankful and so blessed to have so many incredible people around us! THANK YOU!!!
9.29.2009
Willis Family Shower
Posted by Hiatt Family at 5:01:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


4 comments:
Well of course he wasn't SUPER excited - that's why we just leave the husbands at home ; ) What nice thing for them to do for you. And yes, your smile is HUGE and it is so awesome to see it that way !
She is so dang cute...
I love that picture of the three of you - it is so sweet! And Kylee is absolutely GORGEOUS!
Hey! Now that you've had all your showers and stuff, what do you still need that I can get for you? I want to come hang out again! That was so fun! (I need some baby time anyway!) ;)
Post a Comment