10.02.2009

Family Trip To Cochise

My dad's side of the family had their annual summer reunion this past week in Cochise, AZ. Mom & Dad, Megan, Linc & I & Kylee all drove up together on Friday. We stopped to eat at Cracker Barrel on the way there. Here we are waiting to eat...(I don't know what I was doing with my hand in this pic.)
When we got there we had our evening program. We all sat around the campfire and Uncle Chris introduced the "Indian" theme for the weekend.
Then Grandad gave us our Indian names. I am now known as Gentle Dove and Lincoln is Medicine Man. I still have to ask him what Kylee's is...I'll let you know. :)
On Saturday we got dressed in our matching family reunion shirts. They had a big Indian face on the back with the quote "You must speak straight so that your words may go as sunlight into our hearts." Words to live by, right?! :) Kylee had a little shirt but it was WAY too big for her so we just put it on her right before the family picture.
We found this guy in the yard. I don't know where it comes from, but I have a small obsession with turtles. Just ask Linc...the first time I met him I told him all about my pet turtle named Caleb who I constantly talked to. It's no wonder he fell madly in love with me! :)
Oh, I wish I could have taken that little turtle home!!!

1 comment:

Maren said...

i LOVE all these posts and pics of sweet little kylee! she is absolutely beautiful. i think she seriously looks so much like you guys! i was looking at pics of her and then of jackson and there is some definite similarities there. i am in awe of the timing of everything and how everything has and continues to fall into place. Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and is well aware of you and your little family. i couldnt be more happy for you! congrats again!

Blog Archive