4.21.2010

What's Really Going On

I know that people wonder how I'm doing with my hysterectomy coming up in a week. Physically I've obviously been in a lot of pain. I was switched to a different pain medication that doesn't make me quite so "out of it" though, so that has been nice. I'm still in pain while taking the medication, but it does take the edge off and makes it so that I can take care of Kylee every day when Lincoln leaves for work. My doctor doubled my other medication & I'm still having problems with it, which is causing most of my pain. There's not much that I can do about that though, since I'm having surgery so soon, so I just have to wait.
Emotionally I am good. I know that is hard to believe, but I really am! I am 100% sure that I am supposed to have a hysterectomy. I can't say that about many things, but I can about this. We have been blessed with clear answers & feelings of peace throughout this process. I honestly am not upset that we won't be able to have any more biological children. I know that that isn't part of Heavenly Father's plan for me. I realize that He needs me to do other things and I am ok with that. Lincoln feels the same way about our situation as I do.
I really don't want people to feel awkward around us, because they don't know what to say or because they feel so bad for us. We are fine! In the past when we've gone through something hard, I notice that a lot of people keep their distance or avoid us because they don't want to bring something up that will upset us. Please don't do that! We need all of the support that we can get. Our main goal now is to get things ready at home before my surgery, & then to try to have things go as smoothly as possible while I'm recovering. We are excited to see what this surgery will do for me & my health and it truly is an answer to our prayers.

7 comments:

Team Allen said...

hey anj! Good luck with the surgery. I sure wish we lived closer so we could at least bring you a few meals or watch our favorite kylee. good luck! we will be thinking about you..and praying for you. we love you!

Kodi & Lindsey said...

hey!! with the exception of this coming weekend i'll be in town and not doing a thing with my time so P.L.E.A.S.E. call me and let me know what i can do to help!! i'm happy to take kylee :)

Jen West said...

i love reading your entries. you are open and honest and joyful. good luck with your surgery next week. i am sure it will all go well. we will keep you in our prayers! love, jen and family

Kami Milliron said...

I know that you know that I can relate to feeling like others are pulling away from you when you need them more than anything. Human nature I guess. But don't you worry my little friend, I am here and would love to help anyway possible.

And I am totally going to say this : I am SUPER jealous that you will no longer be having periods, bloating, PMS, breakouts, etc ! But more importantly, I am really happy you feel positive about this decision. I feel good about it for you as well. I am super excited you won't have pain anymore. What a blessing !

tricia said...

Anjane, you have such a good attitude. I am happy that you will not have any more pain. I love you so much and would do anything for you. Give Kylee a big kiss from her favorite great Aunt Tricia. I don't know if I'm her favorite, but I want to be!!

Kathy said...

Anjane,

I just want to say good luck with the surgery, you will be so happy when you don't have to be living in pain everyday. I will be thinking about you. Take care.

Jana said...

Well clearly I haven't been leaving you alone...I'm bugging you like every day. In fact, I finally found Em's old clothes for you to look through for Kylee. So I will again be bugging you today. Your dream come true!!

Blog Archive