Sorry for the lack of new pictures on my blog lately. All I have are pictures of Kylee from people who are taking care of her. I've been lounging around home and Lincoln has been working and taking care of everything here at home...thus, no fun pictures for now!
I was in bed all day yesterday, after my "I'm feeling wonderful" post. I got ahead of myself a little bit. :) This recovery has been fairly easy compared to some of my other surgeries, which is great. The TIME it takes to recover from this surgery has been hard though. My patience is definitely tested every day! I dust a table and have to rest for an hour. It makes me feel kind of pathetic.
But anyway, on to my reason for posting. I decided before I had this surgery that I was going to have a better attitude. I've kept my complaining to Lincoln to a minimum and have seen great results. I mean, it's definitely easier to have a good attitude when I don't have to worry about my pain coming back in 4 months or about having another surgery in a year. Still, I've been surprised at how much a better attitude has improved things.
Here are two things that I am extremely happy about today:
1) I've been off medication for a week now. I only take a probiotic every morning for my stomach, and change my HRT (hormone replacement therapy) patch twice a week. That's it. That in itself is such a huge deal for me.
2) I can read a book without getting distracted or having to re-read something. I can have a conversation without thinking, "Did what I say make sense?" or "Did I do a good job at hiding my pain?"
I realize that if I make myself look for the positive, I can find some pretty miraculous things happening!


3 comments:
AWESOME, you seriously amaze me. Your strength is incredible. But you are okay with showing yourself when you aren't at your strongest - which I think makes you even more strong. Did that make any sense at all ?! I think when I lost Elizabeth, I didn't want to always appear strong. That's why I have shared so many of my feelings because I think it's totally okay for people to see us at our weakest. No one can be strong all the time. It's not normal. So thank you for sharing all your feelings with us. I appreciate your experiences even more because of that. None of this has been a piece of cake for you and I think that it takes a lot of courage to share that.
You are my hero : )
Please let me know if you need anything at all. I would just come by with dinner or dessert, but I don't want to come at a bad time - or be one of those annoying friends ; ) So I would love if you would tell ME when you needed something because I am more than happy to help. You gotta give others the opportunity to serve ( um, guilt trip - hehe ! )
You are simply amazing and I love how I can look for daily inspiration just by reading what you write! I definitely feel like I need to be more optimistic at life and really look at the bright side and laugh more when I am in my self pity moods (I get discouraged quite easily). I have never been in your shoes so I don't know your exact pain or emotion but I am happy that you are open with your readers so I can try to relate in some weird way (haha I promise I'm not a creep)! Also, one of my best friends just gave up her baby for adoption for the best and I couldn't stop thinking of how grateful I am for genuinely good families that are able to take these little blessings into their own lives. My friend would have never been able to give up her newborn without feeling the spirit of this super sweet family! I now have a stronger testimony of adoption.
That is so great!! :) I'm gla to hear your meds are down to 2 things & you are looking for the positive.. that's always a good thing to do, for me anyways. I'm such a complainer :( You inspire me to change that though :)
and hey, Kylee needs to come play! :)
Post a Comment