I know I've posted a lot of recovery updates since my hysterectomy...but that is a big part of what has been going on with us! I am doing GOOD. I no longer have good days and bad days...I just have harder parts and easier parts of each day, which I'm assuming everyone has. :) Mentally, my recovery has been a lot different than I thought that it would be. While I am INCREDIBLY thankful for my "new life", I realize that adapting to a "normal" pain-free life is going to be somewhat challenging.
The other day I read about a guy who lost a ton of weight on The Biggest Loser & is really skinny now, but still finds himself walking sideways, in order to "squeeze through" a huge space. It reminded me of myself. The other night I made commitments to three different people for the next day. As I lay in bed, I thought "I have to do THREE different things tomorrow. How is that even possible?" Then I finally realized that IT WAS POSSIBLE. I also realized that for the past 10 years, I have woken up in the morning feeling the same way that I felt when I went to bed the night before...in a lot of pain. Because of this, now when I go to bed feeling completely exhausted and sore, I think, "How am I going to do what I need to do tomorrow when I'm feeling like this?" Then I wake up the next day and realize that I feel good and ready for a new day. It's kind of crazy.
I realize new things every day. Things like the fact that I don't have to struggle to get through all 3 hours of church every Sunday anymore. Or that I will be able to go months (maybe a year!) without having a doctors appointment. Or that I need new clothes because I'm not going to be dressed in pajamas for most of the week now. :) The list goes on & on.
I hit my 6 week mark on Wednesday. I can tell. I feel good. My energy level still isn't where I want it to be, so I'm lucky that I have the luxury of being able to nap when Kylee naps. Lincoln still gets up with Kylee most mornings, but I'm working hard on taking over that duty very soon! I will say that I have been BUSY...a little too busy for my liking. Now that I feel good & have more energy to use, I need to reestablish my priorities and decide where to put that energy. As we all know, that seems to always be a struggle.
So those are my feelings. Probably not as interesting as I think they are, but thanks for reading them anyway. :)
The other day I read about a guy who lost a ton of weight on The Biggest Loser & is really skinny now, but still finds himself walking sideways, in order to "squeeze through" a huge space. It reminded me of myself. The other night I made commitments to three different people for the next day. As I lay in bed, I thought "I have to do THREE different things tomorrow. How is that even possible?" Then I finally realized that IT WAS POSSIBLE. I also realized that for the past 10 years, I have woken up in the morning feeling the same way that I felt when I went to bed the night before...in a lot of pain. Because of this, now when I go to bed feeling completely exhausted and sore, I think, "How am I going to do what I need to do tomorrow when I'm feeling like this?" Then I wake up the next day and realize that I feel good and ready for a new day. It's kind of crazy.
I realize new things every day. Things like the fact that I don't have to struggle to get through all 3 hours of church every Sunday anymore. Or that I will be able to go months (maybe a year!) without having a doctors appointment. Or that I need new clothes because I'm not going to be dressed in pajamas for most of the week now. :) The list goes on & on.
I hit my 6 week mark on Wednesday. I can tell. I feel good. My energy level still isn't where I want it to be, so I'm lucky that I have the luxury of being able to nap when Kylee naps. Lincoln still gets up with Kylee most mornings, but I'm working hard on taking over that duty very soon! I will say that I have been BUSY...a little too busy for my liking. Now that I feel good & have more energy to use, I need to reestablish my priorities and decide where to put that energy. As we all know, that seems to always be a struggle.
So those are my feelings. Probably not as interesting as I think they are, but thanks for reading them anyway. :)


4 comments:
That is exciting. I am so excited that you are feeling better. Life is just starting for you agian it sounds like. Now you can be a crazy lady like the rest of us. You are Wonder Woman you can do it all and most likely leave the rest of us eating your dust. :) Anyway I am glad that you have the pain free energy to enjoy your life.
I LOVE reading your Blog and the updates on your CUUUUTE family - so keep them coming !
I am ALL for sharing thoughts and feelings - even when you might feel like they are super personal. I think the posts on my blog that are raw and full of true emotion are my favorite. Because I can look back and see where I am on my growing. Am I better than I was when I wrote that one post or am I still in the same place ? Those are things I think about as I look back and read them. And who knows, Kylee may have experiences in her life as she gets older when she will need to sit down and read what you wrote. I am a firm believer that our experiences as parents are not just for us - but for our children.
Yay for everything and getting better and better!! And it IS interesting how you're feeling, especially expecting to feel bad but being pleasantly surprised when you don't have pain and you're not exhausted. How cool is that!? Well, you better still play with me even though you aren't STUCK at home anymore!! ;)
I'm so glad you are feeling good! You deserve to feel good! And can I just say your family is too cute :)
Post a Comment