7.13.2010

Birthday Planning

Today I took Kylee to Target to buy some things for her birthday: wrapping paper, cake mix, frosting, & gifts. We are having a very low-key party for her this year. Even so, I became incredibly happy & excited while I was shopping. As I was wondering why I was feeling so elated about it , it hit me...I've never celebrated my child's birthday without feeling sad. I'm so used to planning a trip to the cemetery & releasing balloons for Jackson's birthdays. I've never planned a party for my child, or sang happy birthday to them, or watched them open presents. But now I get that chance!

I've said before that Kylee has in no way replaced Jackson for us. It has just been so neat to be able to experience things with her that we were never able to experience with him. I can't wait to feel like a "normal" mom who gets to do all of these fun things on my daughter's birthday. I am once again overcome with gratitude at how perfectly this has worked out for us. Kylee is amazing & I can't believe we are lucky enough to be her parents! Happy early birthday to our favorite daughter! :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

YAY!! You will have so much fun. Take lots of pictures.

Kjohnson said...

Hurray Happy birthday Miss K!! She is beautiful and I can't believe how big your baby girl is getting!

Jennifer Larson said...

It seems like it has gone by so fast. I can't believe she is turning 1

Blog Archive