7.12.2010

Hiatt Family Reunion 2010

This past weekend was our annual Hiatt Family Reunion at the family cabin in Pine. I think there were about 150 people there...seriously. Lincoln's family is huge! Linc & I helped get the food for the reunion earlier this week, & we filled up 6 shopping carts...& then our sister-in-law filled up 4 more carts at Walmart. It's quite the task to feed that many people for 2 days!

Anyway, Kylee & I drove to Pine early Friday afternoon, then Lincoln met us up there on Saturday morning. The drive up was awesome. I had another "I can't believe I am so healthy" cry on the way up & eventually had to block my mind of those good thoughts so that I could see well enough to drive. :)

This isn't the best picture of the cabin, but shows the wrap-around deck that I am IN LOVE WITH...

I let Kylee talk to Lincoln on the phone on Saturday morning, before he got there. I was sitting in the tent with her, & turned around to find her giving my cell phone kisses. She definitely missed her dad! She even woke up at 1am on Friday night crying & yelling "Dad!".
I do have to mention though, that twice this weekend Kylee wanted me to hold her instead of Linc. That was definitely a first!

I really enjoyed spending time with my nieces & nephews. Here I am with my awesome nephew Jayten. (Notice the 2 girls in the background peeking into the tent. How cute is that?)
We went on a walk to Camp Lomia. On the way, Linc used Jayten's bike to try to run him over...
While we were walking, Linc & I said something about being married. Our 4-year-old niece Claire said, "I know what happens when you get married." When we asked her "What?" she answered, "You get married, you kiss, and ALL your wishes come true!"

Kylee loved acting like "one of the boys" while we were there. Marcus & Griffin are so sweet to her...
Us being us!
Feeding Kylee string cheese in the cabin...
Kylee loved being outside! She tried putting everything in her mouth...
She looked so big sitting in this chair by herself!
Clapping...
I took the picture below at 12:30am. Lincoln's cousins & aunts & uncles love to stay up late and play cards. I definitely married into the right family. I would choose to play games over almost anything!
This reunion allowed us to spend quality time with a lot of people who we love, including Lincoln's sister Holly & her kids, who were visiting from Utah. I really don't think that I could have married into a nicer family. From the moment I met them, both sides of Lincoln's family have been extremely kind to me & have completely accepted me the way I am. I know that is so rare, & I am continually grateful for it!!!

Some funny things that I didn't get pictures of:
Playing "Minute to Win It" with everyone
Grandma zipping by on her scooter...she is fast on that thing!
One of Linc's uncles slapping my butt, thinking I was his daughter (I won't name names...he was mortified!) :)
The girls screaming & hiding from the HUGE bugs
Grandma telling us that Grandpa kept asking her to go to bed with him, but not for "young people reasons"

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like such a fun time! My family is into cards too - I love when I get to visit! We stay up til the wee hours.

Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful time. You are SO very lucky you married into a great family. Kylee is SO dang cute. She look like she has a a TON of personality. I'm so glad you're feeling better. You will continue too. I couldn't believe it either after I had my surgery. It's crazy. Kiss that baby for me.

Blog Archive