I've mentioned that we have some big plans for medical school. Well, we are ready to announce them to those of you who haven't already heard. We know that some of you will think that we are COMPLETELY CRAZY, but we understand. :) Lincoln is currently preparing his application to send to...
LA UNIVERSIDAD DE GUADALAJARA!
LA UNIVERSIDAD DE GUADALAJARA!
(Photo from Wikipedia)Lincoln will take the MCAT on September 11th. He will be applying to start medical school in Guadalajara, Mexico in January 2011. Lincoln introduced this idea to me over a year ago, when his cousin was accepted to medical school there. The first time Lincoln mentioned it to me, I realized that moving to Mexico for 4 years was the LAST thing I wanted to do...but I have felt like this was the right thing for us from the beginning. These feelings have only gotten stronger this past year.
The idea of moving to another country where I don't know the language or the culture seems very intimidating. (I do know a little bit of Spanish, but I'm a lot better at reading & writing it than I am at speaking it. I can't even roll my R's!) Lincoln & I have been preparing our families for this for awhile now (although we just recently made the decision to apply this year instead of next year). When we met Kylee & her birth parents, we already knew that moving to Mexico was a huge possibility...so luckily we were able to tell them this, before they even chose to have us adopt Kylee. I'm happy about the fact that we will be able to take our dogs with us too! :)
We're not sure that Lincoln will even be accepted, but this is the only place we are applying this semester. We would appreciate any prayers offered on our behalf. The road to medical school has been a LONG one for us, mostly because of my health and the setbacks that caused us. I'm sure most of you are wondering how safe this is...Linc's cousin & his wife live in a gated community with a guard posted 24/7 and feel very safe there. They LOVE the people, the school, the weather, & so many other things about Guadalajara. If we get accepted, it will be SO nice to be there with them.
I'll update the blog as we get more info. For now, we are just trying to finish Lincoln's application. Then we will work on paperwork, passports, dogs' shots, etc. We have a LOT of work to do! Not to mention that Linc will be taking 3 science classes (PHY 112, BIO 202 & CHM 236) this next semester, as well as working full time! If Lincoln doesn't get accepted in January, we will apply again next fall. We're really hoping that with all of Lincoln's medical experience, we will get in on our first try!


5 comments:
That is so exciting. My friends just did that they have three kids and this is my friend's Adams first year there. It's funny his wife said all the same thing that you said about moving there but they are having a lot of fun. I hope it all works out for you.
Good Luck! I bet you'll get in!
Prayers will be sent your way, keep us posted. I remember talking about this with you when we met for lunch at Crackers. I am glad to hear it is finally in the works : )
Wow!! I haven't read your blog in awhile. That's big news. That will make it WAY better having someone to hang out w/ there & it will only be temporary. Change can be a lot of fun.
hey my friends live down there right now and she actually really likes it..she has a nice house and lots of friends.She is under my blog for Kaci so check it out..
Post a Comment