10.25.2010

Snowflake

On Friday night we went to Linc's cousin's reception, then sent Kylee to Snowflake with Lincoln's parents. Saturday morning my brother Aaron went through the temple for the first time. We ended up missing the session (long story...we weren't even running late when we left the house). I was on the verge of crying when we didn't make it in time, but realized that we could still spend time in the temple, then meet up with my family after. It ended up being a great experience. We weren't rushed at all & Lincoln was able to catch up with a couple from his mission who we saw there. It was a great start to our weekend. 

We got to Snowflake that evening, just as everyone was getting ready to go to the maze. We headed next-door for a quick dinner of chili & cornbread. Kylee ended up getting honey all over herself & me...which meant bath time.

Kylee had fun playing with bath toys that Linc played with when he was a baby. 
She looks extra-bald in the bath. :) Aren't her eyes beautiful?
Best buds...
We found out that Linc's mom had gotten a babysitter to stay at the house with Kylee while Lincoln & I "scared" in the maze. Before Lincoln & I did that though, we went through the maze ourselves. This year was my favorite. It had an alien theme & was totally different from other years. The moment I sat down in the trailer & it started MOVING REALLY FAST I knew it was going to be good! Seriously, it was crazy. They also converted the barn this year to be part of it & it was AWESOME. I was screaming my head off the entire time. The group we were with told us that I was the most entertaining part.

Yes, this is me dressed in a HazMat suit. Please don't be scared. 
Lincoln hid in the trailer & scared people out of their wits, once the truck pulling the trailer took off. We opened the trailer multiple times to find people literally piled on top of each other, laying right against the door because he scared them so badly. 

Around 10:30pm, after the maze closed, we went to McDonald's & found Lincoln's aunt & cousins there. Two more of Linc's aunts stopped by to join us & we had a blast. Those people are HILARIOUS!

The next morning, we woke up bright & early to drive to Eagar to watch our nieces & nephews' primary program. Lincoln's sister was in charge of it (she is the Primary president there) & did such a great job. I missed part of it because Kylee wasn't cooperating, but what I saw was awesome!

Alyssa holding cranky Kylee...
Gotta love the bum cheek look...
And I finally have an announcement to make...Kylee is walking!!! She started walking at Wendy's house & can take 15 or so steps at a time. YEAH!!! I was SO ready for this!
On the drive home I couldn't resist taking a picture of her chubby legs. I'm obsessed with them.
We visited Da & Rita (Linc's grandparents) then made a quick stop at the cemetery....
After going to see the house that Linc's brother Matt is planning on buying (we are so excited for them!) we headed home. It was a quick 24-hour trip but well worth it. Yay for fun times in Snowflake!!!

4 comments:

K Bailey said...

I'm jealous...

Heather said...

Oh my goodness I am SO GLAD I didn't go in the maze this year!!! Holy Cow can you imagine???!!!! HA HA HA HA! I am sitting here laughing so hard at the thought of what I would do. SCARY! I am glad you had fun though :) However... it would have been fun to be there with you guys. Maybe next year :)

Heather said...

PS When are we going to go to the zoo together?

John and Anna said...

Anjane',
You all look so peaceful at the cemetery. Isn't it funny that a place that can represent so much sadness can also be a place of peace? But it obviously is.
Just thinking about you guys!
Anna

Blog Archive