11.22.2010

A Great Weekend

Shawn & Ashley visited this weekend! On Saturday we took a quick trip with them to the zoo. (Of course!) It was a beautiful day & we loved getting some one-on-one time with them. Plus they are fun to go to the zoo with, because they get just as excited about the animals as we do.

Goats snuggling...
Shawn trying to help Kylee overcome her fear of the petting zoo...
Hanging out with Aunt Ashley...
This isn't a great picture, but this is a maned wolf. It looks like a fox with really long legs. I like watching it walk around. Plus it shares a cage with the anteaters, which have always been a favorite of mine.
We were able to have TWO DAYS of Lincoln's undivided attention!!! It was fabulous!
Monkey Village was awesome once again...
We all agreed that this little orangutan is our favorite animal in the entire zoo!
Kylee was giving me hugs over & over while I carried her on my shoulders. It was so cute. I love being Kylee's mom. She's so affectionate & makes sure to let me know that she loves me.
One of Kylee's favorite parts of the zoo was having Mommy & Uncle Shawn walk with her & swing her by her arms!
Saturday night was full of fun. We had a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving dinner. My mom made up a sweet potato recipe that was the best I've ever tasted. Two of Aaron's friends joined us for dinner & we all thoroughly enjoyed spending time together. We went around the table & talked about what we are thankful for this year. My health was #1 on my list of things I am grateful for. This is the first holiday season in 10 years that I have been healthy & completely pain-free. Pretty miraculous, if you ask me!

Kylee was all smiles that night, probably because she got to spend so much time with "Baby Nixen". She loves him so much. It is adorable.
Kylee spent a lot of time with Grandpa as well. She can now say "Grandpa", which my dad is pretty excited about.
Before the kids went to bed we had a little dance party. Kylee's favorite move these days is to squat & jump, squat & jump, squat & jump, over & over to the beat. This picture kind of captured it...
After the kids went to bed, the adults played Bunko! Aaron invited two more friends over to play with us & my mom found some prizes for us to win. Sadly, Linc & I didn't win anything but we had a lot of fun trying. (Well at least I did. Linc was a good sport about playing!) After that, it was time for some intense games of Mafia. Great times!

Yesterday Aaron gave his farewell talk in church. It was so good. I was crying like a baby, of course. Gosh, I love Aaron. He has such a good heart. I guarantee I will have an emotional breakdown after we drop him off at the airport next Tuesday.
After church we spent some more time with my family & said goodbye to Shawn & Ashley, who headed back to Utah. We made sure to get a picture with Aaron. I'm sure you can guess what bad habit Kylee has "picked" up recently...
This is the only pic we got...with a weird glare in the photo & Kylee picking away. Oh well. :)
There's nothing like family. I sure am grateful for ours.

1 comment:

K Bailey said...

The zoo here is really good....you need to come visit.

Blog Archive