11.17.2010

A Look Back

I mentioned that I've been doing some really boring things in order to get ready for our possible move to Mexico. This includes going through boxes that I've had for years. My parents happened to find a box in their garage that they gave me the other day, that had me reminiscing & laughing until all hours of the night. I thought I'd share a few highlights!

In 6th grade I won the school spelling bee. I was extremely excited & proud of myself & have never thrown away the trophy that I received. Well, I finally gave in & threw it away last night...but not before I took a picture with it! Honestly, this is probably my biggest academic achievement thus far. :)
Caption on the trophy:
Nathan Hale 1995
(the name of my school & the year I won)


THESE JOURNAL ENTRIES/STORIES THAT I WROTE ARE CLASSIC!
 Journal Entry from May 27, 1990:
I am 7 years old. I like strawberry ice-cream, and I like riding on ponys. Also I like Birthday party's especilly mine. The End

Journal Entry from September 30, 1990:
I love everyone in the whole wide world.

Writing Assignments from 2nd Grade:
My Dinosaur
If I had a dinosaur I would go to the park and I would ask him to give me a piggy-back-ride. Then he would say Yes. I wish I had a dinosaur. If I did we would go on our slippin-slide. We would have so much fun. The End

"Describe what the moon reminds you of. What does it appear to be made of?"
The moon reminds me of my heart. It is gold and it has words in silver that says on it "The moon is for everyone in the world. It is for everyone to enjoy!" 


My goal is to tap back into my 7-year-old self & develop the same attitude and love for life! Don't you miss that way of thinking? :)

Two stories that didn't make the final cut for this blog post:
A Monster Named Gwadau Metwavy 
The Little Wooden Boy Who Fell Down the Bathtub Drain

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm a Spelling Bee Champ as well! My mom still has the newspaper clippings and all of my ribbons! No trophies in our county - haha.

Jana said...

I can't believe you'd throw away such a treasure!
And loving everyone in the whole world...I can't help but think of Nacho Libre's pal, "I hate all the orphans in the whole world!"
But the gold moon with silver writing is just beautiful...What an eloquent 7-year-old you were!

Blog Archive