11.26.2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving was awesome this year. The best part was that Lincoln was able to be with us the whole day. I don't think that has happened since before he worked in the ER. We went to 4 out of the 5 family Thanksgiving dinners that we had this year. (We both have really big extended families.) Yesterday we had three dinners to go to between 12:30 & 4pm. Needless to say, we were VERY full by the end of the day. :)

Daddy getting Kylee ready for the day...
Our first dinner was with my mom's side of the family. My aunt & uncle married a brother & sister, so this dinner was with their family as well. It was great to see everyone & enjoy the good food. Kylee was excited to see my cousin's daughter, Sydney, & kept giving her hugs...
I'm not sure Sydney was excited about it though! :)
Next, we went to Lincoln's grandparents' house for dinner with Linc's dad's side of the family. Kylee was in heaven playing with the other kids & with the fun toys in the backyard. It was nice to enjoy the food & chat with family while she did her own thing! We may need to get her one of these cars...she LOVED it!
Our last dinner was with my dad's side of the family. My grandpa was in the hospital a few days ago, & I was so thankful that he could be home with us for Thanksgiving! Kylee was crying to go outside the whole time we were eating dinner. She has a rough time when she doesn't get her nap. We enjoyed ourselves anyway!

That night we went to my parents' house. My mom got to work putting up the Christmas decorations. Kylee really liked these big carolers...
This year I thought of LOTS of things that I am thankful for. I could go on & on, but one thing I am thankful for is that I have sisters who are willing to take crazy pictures with me. :)
Kylee decided to join us & make her own crazy faces. This was all her idea!
Silly girl...
We decided to put Kylee to bed at my parents' & get a babysitter for her so that we could go see Harry Potter. We were all smiles when we got there. We love Harry Potter!!!
Besides thinking about what I am thankful for, I spent a lot of time this Thanksgiving thinking about gratitude in general. I quickly came to the conclusion that I complain too much & don't show nearly enough gratitude for what I have. I'm going to change that. Even though I am thankful every day for what I have, I need to SHOW that gratitude. I want to have a thankful spirit, instead of just being able to say what I am thankful for. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What a great holiday!!!

4 comments:

Bekah: said...

It makes me so happy that you are feeling so great! You look so happy in every single picture and sound so happy and thankful in every post. I think you do have a thankful spirit!!!

The Talley Family said...

That was hilarious when Kylee was hugging Sydney. She is so funny. The pictures are great...love Sydney's face.

K Bailey said...

We had the exact same problem.....Beckett cried to go outside the entire meal....aagghh! I was tempted to let him loose-but it was like 20 degrees. However....five hours later....he was running in the backyard no shoes no coat. I gave up and told Kevin he'd come in when he got cold.

Team Allen said...

ohh im sad we missed out on harry potter!! looks fun! i'm glad you guys got lots of good food..we may have been in opposite shoes :)

Blog Archive