12.16.2010

Friends

I'm trying to hang out with people before we leave, but it is proving to be difficult to find the time! However, yesterday I took time to visit with some friends one last time. I'm so glad that I did.

We met my friend Lindy for breakfast at Crackers. Her little girl Allison is a month older than Kylee. This was the first time that they had seen each other. Kylee started out by showing off (showing Allison her "outie" belly button)...
When that didn't impress her, she decided to use the intimidation tactic...
And by the end they were friends. :)
Lindy & I...
(Love this girl!)
(Lindy's 4-year-old daughter Brooklyn took this picture. We were trying so hard not to laugh...she kept snapping pictures of us super-fast then giving the camera back to us. Probably only funny to Lindy & I. :) )

That night, Kylee & I went to dinner at Red Robin to celebrate some birthdays! Here's the gang, minus Julie, who left before we took the pic. These girls either are or used to be in my ward...
(If you look closely, you can see my face in the top left-hand corner. :) )
It's starting to hit me that I'm leaving all of my friends & family in 2 weeks! So sad. 

If you are wondering how the moving process is going for us...
Kylee is a complete mess because she isn't on her usual schedule & is picking up on the "big change" vibe.
We can only take what we can fit in our truck...so our "packing" consists of making piles of stuff to throw away, give away, store in Snowflake or take with us to Mexico. 
I spend quite a bit of time lying in bed during the night, thinking about everything that needs to be done. 
We haven't received Kylee's passport yet. And we all still need our visas.
BUT I know that everything will somehow come together in time!
It will...won't it? (Cue words of encouragement from you.) :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Nope. I think you are screwed.

John and Anna said...

It will be fine. Remember, "...the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." That totally applies here.

Can we come help you somehow?

Logan & Lindy said...

I AM SOOOOOOO glad I got to see you!!! It was sooo soo fun! I am going to miss you tons but I am super exited for your fun adventure. Oh and Lincoln remmeber Logan will be a PA when your done. He should be your PA.. Pay him well k!! thanks! =)

Blog Archive