2.24.2011

Neighborhood Scenery

Here are a few pictures of our neighborhood. These should give you a better idea of the area that we live in. We drive to the end of a cobblestone street & come to this roundabout, with 3 cotos in a little semicircle. Ours is the coto in the middle, directly behind the roundabout.
(Sorry about the spot on the first two pics.)
I took the above picture while standing in another grass area, where the dogs & Kylee & I like to spend time. It is a nice little area with a gazebo...
There are trees & benches surrounding the gazebo. Aren't the trees here beautiful?
A closer look at the fountain & roundabout...
Here is the guard station in front of our coto, where one of two guards is posted 24/7.
This is a view of our street when we are entering the coto. Our house is 4th from the end, on the left side. The clubhouse (with the pools & park that I posted about) are at the end of our street.
I LOVE our neighborhood. It is one of my most favorite things about living here in Mexico. I feel so safe here and our neighbors are very kind. We are so lucky!!!

P.S.-I think it is so green here right now, but I've heard that this is the ugly time of year! The rainy season hits in 4 or 5 months from now & then it is supposedly GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see how green it can get!

2 comments:

Holly said...

It's beautiful! What a neat place to live. I love the Spanish style homes especially if they have some character. It's hard to be away from family and friends I dream about shrinking the distance. You have a great attitude. Your attitude and trust in Heavenly Father will get you through. A quote from a book I just read is very meaningful to me because I have realized this more and more with myself, my kids and really everyone at different times. The character remembers her mother saying "Are you sad? Then just wait a minute." Maybe it doesn't make sense but it puts things in perspective for me when I'm feeling sad, frustrated, mad, etc. Sorry I'm rambling. I will call you soon, maybe Sunday so we can all talk but no skype yet.

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful there!

Blog Archive