I don't have much of a social life here. I have no car. All of the girls that I'm friends with have more than one kid, & some of them home school their kids...so they are quite a bit busier than I am. Of course I stay busy with:
Cleaning. There is a lot more to clean when you move into a bigger house.
Cooking. I am actually enjoying making dinner every night. I never thought that day would come. I used to hate cooking!
Taking care of Kylee. She is at an absolutely exciting, hilarious stage but is definitely developing more of an attitude! I don't even know how many times she went to time-out today. :)
Walking the dogs. I am SO, SO glad that we brought Daisy & Duke to Mexico with us. They make me happy.
Lincoln gets home around 5pm every weekday, except Wednesday. On Wednesdays, he doesn't get home until 8:30pm. Every other night, though, we are able to eat dinner together and go on a walk, or do something else as a family, before Linc spends the rest of the night studying. I cherish that time with all of us together! We get to spend part of each weekend with him too, which is great.
We've been in Mexico for just over 7 weeks. It feels like we have been here for 6 months. Honestly. Living here has been a huge adjustment for me. I'm used to seeing my family every few days and seeing my friends & neighbors multiple times during the week. I'm used to my ward members living right by me. It is hard being without everyone. On the other hand, I feel like I've known my friends here for much longer than 7 weeks. I've already learned so much from the people here and have been inspired by them. I'm lucky to be able to meet so many amazing people in one lifetime!
So while I'm lonely some days, I'm doing fine. I'm learning so much about myself. My weaknesses & strengths have become more obvious to me (& probably Linc) since I've been here. I'm relying on the Lord more. Life definitely moves at a slower pace here, and I enjoy it. Once I started feeling better after my hysterectomy, I tried to jump back into things very quickly...but this move has forced me to slow down again, and to take time to enjoy the little things around me. Heavenly Father definitely knows what I need so much better than I do. I am very thankful that he brought me here to Mexico! I do miss all of you badly though! :)



1 comment:
Anjane I love your attitude! Living in GA was culture shock enough for me...can't imagine how it is in a diff. country!
you're right tho - you are in Mexico for a reason, there are things you will learn, ppl you will meet and experiences you won't gain anywhere else. Keep your head up - time will fly by and you'll be missing that bakery sooner than you think! :~)
Post a Comment