2.26.2011

Sidewalks & Streets

Now that I've posted some of the wonderful things about Mexico, let's look at a few things that we appreciate SO much more about the U.S. after living here:

#1- SIDEWALKS
This is the sidewalk that we walk down to go to Blockbuster, the pine tree park (I'll post pics of that later), and our new favorite bakery. I think Kylee actually enjoys riding over this in her stroller. This sidewalk probably fits in much more with the "Mexico" that most of you picture!
 I told Linc that will be a miracle if I don't trip & break a bone while I'm living here. I trip on sidewalks quite often anyway, but tripped pretty much every time I walked down one when we first moved here. I'm learning to be more careful though. I haven't tripped in awhile. (Knock on wood.)

#2-STREETS
I appreciate even more now how well-maintained the streets in Mesa are! We stumbled upon this mess in the road yesterday. At first there was a hole in the road, with a miniature tree & a small mound of concrete stuck in it, so that we would drive around it & not drive into the hole. Now it looks like this...
The hole is filled & they moved the mini tree in front of it with an even bigger pile of concrete, so that we wouldn't drive on the original (now filled) hole while it was wet. That's right! No cones, no signs...just a mound of stuff to drive around. Gotta love living in Mexico!!! :)

1 comment:

Velika said...

And I thought the potholes in the townhouses were bad! :)
Your neighborhood looks beautiful. I love all the trees.

Blog Archive