You may be surprised to hear that everyone here in Mexico seems to think that I am Mexican. Maybe it is because I wear pants most days & they don't see my incredibly white legs? :) No, but really...the people here have much lighter skin than I realized. I don't know if it is good or bad that people don't realize that I am an American when they see me. I like that I don't stick out like a sore thumb. However, I don't love that people speak Spanish to me super fast, thinking that I will immediately understand them. When I say "Hablo pequito Espanol" ("I speak very little Spanish") they look at me in surprise. I do enjoy seeing their shock when Lincoln (who they know is an American by looking at him) speaks Spanish fluently! :)
2.17.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


3 comments:
lol, I don't know how you do it. I would be completely lost, I know absolutely no spanish.
Anjane' it has been quite some time since I have last read your blog and holy cow your little tot is a grown up! She is so adorable and seems so sweet. Also, you are living in Mexico? Ay ay ay I sure hope there is a Cold Stone there.
I seriously love hearing these stories ! Thanks for keeping a journal of all these adventures : )
Post a Comment