3.25.2011

Kitchen Remodel Day #1

When we moved into our house, the owners told us that they were planning on remodeling the kitchen. We could wait a month before moving in & have a new kitchen, or they could do the remodel after we had already moved in. Obviously we chose to move in before they remodeled it. We've been really excited for our new kitchen. Here are a few "before" pictures...
The cupboards were stained & chipped & not in the best condition. Plus, some of the drawer/cupboard doors were missing. The main problem with that is that we have a kid the perfect age to climb into cupboards & pull things out. It makes it even harder without cupboard doors to close & lock. :)
The stove was an old gas stove, which I kind of despised...just because I had never used one before & almost caught myself on fire a few times. The pilot lights were constantly going out too.
Today was my first day out & about in 8 days! Yahoo!!! I'm still recovering from the crazy illness I had, but am doing much better. While our new kitchen cupboards were being installed, we spent some time as a family. Daddy & Kylee colored Princess pictures together...
I get chills every time I think about this, but the installers found a big RAT underneath our cupboards when they tore them out. I HATE RATS. Of course I had to take a picture of it though.
This is what our back patio looks like after Day #1...
Our new cabinets are in! Now we just need a sink, oven, countertops, & tile. We'll see how much gets done tomorrow!
What's that you say? You like the view of the camper shell through our kitchen window? Why, thank you!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Anjane', that's SO weird that you heard me say I loved the camper shell view.

Blog Archive