3.07.2011

Lately...

A little update on what we've been up to lately:

We went with our neighbor, Robbie, to a REALLY yummy taco shop that we'd never tried before. I tried lengua (tongue) tacos for the first time! They weren't too bad.
A closeup...
(Kind of blurry, but you get the idea.)
Daisy's paw got infected & was totally swollen. She was a sad dog, until we took her to the vet & got her some meds...
I walked in Kylee's room the other day to see another one of Daisy's "tunnels", that she made out of Kylee's clothes. Daisy is very protective of her rawhide bones & hides them whenever she gets the chance. :)
While cleaning out a cupboard in the kitchen, I found this straw doll. Apparently people put these around their house to ward off "bad spirits". I'm not even kidding. We all thought it was pretty funny, including Kylee...
We decided that when Linc has a big test, he should take the night after off & not study at all. He gets a break & I get time with my hubby, so we both look forward to test days now! His past two tests have been on a Tuesday, which is "15 pesos" night (less than $1.50) for a new release at Blockbuster. We rent a movie, buy some treats & just relax.
Brandon & Christa (our next-door neighbors for the first 4 years of our marriage) played Ticket To Ride over Skype with me the other night! I was SO, SO excited to play games with them. I have no idea how many board games I've played with them, but it is a lot! When Linc was working the night shift & I was sick and in desperate need of some socializing, they would have me over to play games. I have so many fun memories with them! Playing a game over Skype was quite interesting. I had to print off a picture of the game board. Then, Brandon or Christa would have to show me my cards without looking themselves, & I would write down each card in my hand. Then, when I was ready to play cards, I would tell them "Ok, I will play my 5th, 10th, 11th & 15th card." They would go through my hand & get my cards, then play & move me. Ha ha. I'm looking forward to many more game nights with them!

The computer screen before we started our game...

6 comments:

Logan & Lindy said...

Oh my gosh that is so cool of Brandon and Christa to play ticket to ride with you!! Sounds like sooo much fun!! Thats seriously SOOO FUNNY!!! Sounds super fun!! Just like you lived right next door! Funny stuff!!

Ralae said...

I love reading about your Mexico adventure. It does get a little lonely when husbands are in school full-time. Maybe we'll adopt your take a night off philosophy after test days. I just tell myself that he won't always be this busy, it's only for a few years. Hope all is well. By the way, you're brave to try a tongue taco.

Verenice said...

What a neat idea. But you know, next time we could play a game when we are together. I didn't know you were such a gamer :)

Verenice said...

Well, after we watch the season finale of "you know what" :)

Velika said...

I had to laugh at the tongue taco. My mom and my aunt love tongue (they were raised on a farm, raised cattle for the meat...) I'm not a huge fan of tongue, it's ok, but if you get a chance, try heart, I like it (should I be embarrassed to admit that? :)

Bekah: said...

Now that is a cool SKYPE session! Haha. And I love the test day after off, why didn't I think of that?!

Blog Archive