5.04.2011

Kylee 21 Months

Kylee turned 21 months last week! She sure has seemed grown-up lately. She calls Lincoln "Daddy", "Lincoln" and "Babe" now. The other day Linc left to run some errands and Kylee started looking for him, saying "Babe? Babe?" When he walked back in the door, she yelled "LINCOLN!!!" and ran to him. It was hilarious. :)

Her favorite foods this month (yes, they change on a monthly basis) are homemade fish sticks w/ tartar sauce, apples, a spoonful of peanut butter and hot dogs (which she calls "dogs"). Kylee now says "Gracias, de nada" ("Thank you, you're welcome") as one word, when we tell her to say "thank you" for something. Lincoln & I both teach lessons in church now, which means that we can't stay in nursery with Kylee anymore. She still hates going, but seems to only cry part of the time, as long as she is sitting on Jenn's lap. For Jenn's sake, I hope she gets more comfortable with nursery soon!

Kylee's favorite things to do right now are:
Draw on our glass table with dry erase markers
Take care of her bear & babies, feed them & put them to bed
Sit in the truck & pretend to drive
Put her "piggies" (toes) in the pool

Kylee loves singing songs with us, especially The Frog Song and E-I-E-I-O. When we sing "Old McDonald" we sing the first part, then Kylee sings the name of the animal that she wants us to sing about. She knows lots of animal sounds. Her favorites are the monkey, lion, cow & horse. She also told us the other day that Tigger says "Bouncy, bouncy!". She sure is smart & adorable & so incredibly funny!

Kylee has really missed Duke since he died. She has said Duke's name every single day since then, multiple times each day. At first she was walking around with his leash & yelling his name. Now when she gives Daisy a treat after our walk, she pulls a treat out for Duke & yells for him to come get it. When we are driving home, she yells Daisy & Duke's names because she is excited to see them. Every time Kylee mentions Duke, we ask her where he is, and she says, "Duke...Jesus" because we told her that he lives with Jesus now.

Kylee also learned how to do a somersault this month. It's a very lopsided one, but she does it! Kylee & Lincoln have a game they play where Kylee hides & Linc says "Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell the blood of a sugar plum, and here I come to get me some..." and then finds her & "gets her sugar". Now when Kylee hears the truck pull in the driveway, she yells "Daddy....sugar!!!" and runs to hide before he comes inside. Seeing them play that game together is my favorite. :) I have to say, too, that Kylee is a little too good at hiding. She doesn't make a PEEP. It has made me nervous a few times, when I don't know that she is hiding & I can't find her!

Kylee has also started to recognize streets in our neighborhood. When we turn on Naciones Unidas, which is the main street that Thomas & Jenn live off of, Kylee will say "Thomas! Maya!" EVERY time. At least I know that if I get lost, she can tell me where we are!

Here are a few fun moments that we captured of Kylee this past month:

Kylee has seen me put a shower cap on before I take a shower, so she put one on before her bath...
Watching another movie with her stuffed animal friends...
She drew this, all by herself, for my Dad's birthday...
I caught her watching tv & drinking her sippy from behind the family room curtains one day...
She loves chocolate almost as much as I do! :)
Kylee pulls out her clothes & tries them on at least once every day. She obviously doesn't care if they are on the right way...
Linc teaching her how to listen to Bear's heartbeat...
Taking care of the plants on our back patio...
This was a Christmas gift that we brought with us that we just barely got batteries for. It's a little water slide that hooks onto the bathtub. Kylee loves putting the little monkey & panda bear on the slide & watching them slide down!
(She still sticks her tongue out when she is concentrating. Just like when she was a baby.)

Once again, this shows how many things she HAS to sleep with. She still sleeps in her Pack & Play for her naps and in her "big girl bed" most nights. She doesn't mind putting her feet up while in her Pack & Play to give herself a little more room...
Kylee hasn't bitten any kids for a few weeks...hooray! She is a good listener & doesn't spend very much time in "time out" now, which makes me happy. She does know how to throw a fit when she can't have something that she wants, but I have a feeling that she will be doing that for awhile...she will be 2 soon, after all. 
We are incredibly thankful for Kylee & for the joy that she brings to us! We love you baby girl!!!

P.S. Even though Kylee is shirtless in most of these pictures, she does wear clothes sometimes! With no air conditioning here in Mexico though, she is starting to prefer the naked look. :)

2 comments:

K Bailey said...

Fun pictures. Doesn't Phil do the "sugar" thing too?

The Hawkins Family said...

LOVE this post!!!

Blog Archive