So as I mentioned, we left for the United States on a Friday, after only having been back in Mexico for a month. We flew for the first time, which I actually didn't like as much. Call me crazy, but I would rather spend 3 days in the car than spend 3 hours trying to get a 2-year-old to behave on an airplane. We left for the U.S. the day after Kylee's 2nd birthday, which meant that we had to buy her a full-price ticket. My sister reminded me that I could have flown by myself with Kylee the day before her birthday, had Lincoln meet us 2 days later & saved $300. Oops.
Brad picked us up at the airport, we dropped him off, then headed over to where my parents were eating dinner to grab the car seat out of their car...not smart planning on our part. By the time we drove back to my parents' house to trade cars for our drive to Snowflake, it was pretty late. We made it to Snowflake around 12:30am, which was 2:30am our time. Then it was up in the morning for the funeral.
The funeral was amazing. It was inspiring and spiritual & I am very thankful that we were all able to be there to honor Da & his life here on earth. I have so much to say about our beloved grandpa, but I'll wait until I have pictures from the funeral.
All of Lincoln's family was in town for the funeral: every aunt, uncle, cousin, in-law, etc....EVERYONE! That meant that we got to spend quality time with family, which is always the best thing ever.
So excited to see this girl again!
Love him...
Olivia gave me so many hugs while we were there. I felt pretty special!
We drove back to Mesa later that night, then Linc left for the airport early the next morning. He had a big test the next day, so it was back to his grueling medical school schedule here in Mexico, while Kylee & I stayed in the U.S. to have some more fun!
Since Kylee didn't get a birthday cake, Melissa & Mom made some Birthday Brownies for her & we all sang "Happy birthday". She loved the attention...
Since Kylee didn't get a birthday cake, Melissa & Mom made some Birthday Brownies for her & we all sang "Happy birthday". She loved the attention...
"Papa" & Kylee...
Cuddling with Grandma & "Bear"...
(We had to bring Bear on the plane. Kylee can't live without him!)
Waiting to see what crazy voice will come out of Brad's mouth next...
Melissa & Nixen....
(Guess what? Melissa's pregnant & due in February! Yahoo!!!)









1 comment:
Did Roma send you link for the pics I took at the cemetary? I'll do it now....
Post a Comment