8.13.2011

Kylee 2 Years

It's been over two months since I posted an update on Kylee, so I think it is time for a long one! She has grown up so much and is turning into such a big girl. Her new favorite songs to sing are "Oompa Doompa" (the "Oompa Loompa" song from Willie Wonka), "We Are A Happy Family" and "Shake It The Booty" ("Shake Your Booty"). Kylee's new favorite movie is Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs...she watches it almost every single day. She covers her mouth & screams "Oh gosh! Oh gosh!" when the witch is giving Snow White the apple. Then she yells "Don't eat the apple!" to Snow White & "RUN!" to the dwarfs when they are running to save her. It is so incredibly funny! Kylee also likes her Barbie Sing-along movie & the Baby Animals movie that her friend Cason gave her. 

Kylee is getting even better at putting sentences together & communicating with others. Kylee calls me by my name sometimes (saying "Anj-a-day" instead of Anjane'). When Kylee & I were getting ready to fly back to Mexico & see Linc, I asked her if she wanted to see Daddy, to which she quickly replied, "Drink Daddy's soda!" The other day when I was changing her diaper she looked at me & said, "Mommy. Smells so bad!" On Kylee's birthday, I walked into her room & told her "Kylee, happy birthday!". She just looked at me & said "Sing it." I sang the "Happy birthday" song to her & then she said "Cake." I explained that our oven was broken so I couldn't make her a cake, but that didn't keep her from asking for one multiple times that day. When I ask her how old she is now she says "Five!". When we say "No. How old are you REALLY?" She says "Two." She is constantly surprising us & making us laugh. :)

Kylee still talks about our trip to Disneyland & about the "Small World" ride, which she calls "Babies Dancing". She loves watching videos of the ride on You Tube. Kylee is becoming even more creative when she plays dress-up, she loves making cookies with me & spending time outside. She has been very afraid of swimming these past two months & loves to get her swimsuit on, but won't get in the water. She hates getting her hair washed and doesn't like staying in the shopping cart at the store. Uncle Shawn taught Kylee how to give "Piggie muckles", where Shawn puts his fist out & Kylee hits it with her toes. It's hilarious. She tells me when she needs to go to the bathroom & lets me know that I need to change her as soon as she is done. She is fascinated with potty training books too, but she hasn't gotten any closer to actually being potty trained yet.

Since we've been out of town so much these past few months, Kylee has had multiple Happy Meals & loves the chicken nuggets with Ranch dipping sauce. She also likes dipping anything (& I mean anything!) in ketchup. She loves fishy crackers & pretzels too. When Kylee was younger, I would wrap her in her towel after a bath & say "Kylee's my little baby" and hug her. Now when I put her towel on her, Kylee reminds me, "Mommy...Kylee baby!" Sometimes I pick up Daisy & tell Kylee that "Daisy is Mommy's baby". Kylee DOES NOT like it & yells, "No! Kylee's a baby!"

I have a few more stories to tell about Kylee, but I'll save those for a later post. Here are a few random pictures that I have taken of Kylee recently:

One day, Kylee walked out of her bedroom after her nap, dressed like this...
The only way that she will wear this dress-up skirt, is around her neck. Here she is checking out a worm that Daddy found on our porch...
She also likes the hat & shirt that Grandma & Grandpa bought for her on their cruises...
Kylee loves these Winnie the Pooh decals that my mom gave her. We put them up in her bedroom, and Kylee is so excited to fall asleep next to her favorite characters...
Linc converted a bookshelf that we bought from our neighbors into an entertainment center. Kylee wanted to help him...


Taking care of this girl is definitely a full-time job, but it makes me very happy! I sure do love her & appreciate her friendship, her love, & her fun personality...
WE LOVE YOU KYLEE GIRL!

2 comments:

Emily Weber said...

What an adorable (and smart) little girl! You'll have your hands full when she gets older! lol. I can't believe how fast she's grown! Time has just flown by! You guys will be back in the U.S. before you know it!

Cleona said...

Kylee is so smart! I loved spending time with her this summer and can't wait to do it again soon. Wish it wasn't so long between visits.

Blog Archive