I've enjoyed a couple of girls' nights these past two weeks. I do have to say that I have never had a close group of girlfriends who all know each other & hang out together. I have a few great girlfriends back in the U.S., who I have close one-on-one relationships with. I also had a few groups of guy friends before I got married, but obviously when I got married, that changed...so I am so happy to FINALLY have a close group of friends again!!! (Does that sound pathetic? Oh well.)
One night last weekend, we went to downtown Guadalajara to do some shopping. This wasn't a typical night though. The streets were FILLED with people & there were multiple bands performing on the streets. It was craziness! This is a horrible picture, but it gives you an idea of the crowds we fought just to walk down the street...
After walking around for awhile, & realizing that this wasn't the best night to come downtown, we made our way to a hot dog stand. This place had the yummiest horchata ever!
Verenice, Kim (she doubles as my friend & piano teacher!), me
This past Friday night, we took a late-night trip to the crepe stand. This picture is of the food (tacos, etc) part of it. The crepes are on the other end. Man, I wish you all could experience this food!
The three of us had a great time eating gorditas & crepes and talking about our lives as women & mothers. I love these girls.
The three of us had a great time eating gorditas & crepes and talking about our lives as women & mothers. I love these girls.
(Heather, me, Verenice)
I'm horrible at taking pictures of food & this pic definitely doesn't do this crepe justice, but here it is in all its glory! A crepe made my favorite way: cream cheese & cajeta (like caramel) inside, then fruit, chocolate & cajeta on top, with a side of ice cream. I prefer my crepe without the nuts on top, but Bruno (my crepe guy) forgot that. :) Bruno is moving to Mexico City in a few months, so hopefully the crepe guy who replaces him will be decent.
Goofy pose...
Disclaimer: I had girls' nights very rarely before I moved here. I either didn't feel well enough to go, or Lincoln was home & I wanted to spend time with him. Now my husband studies almost every night & Kylee goes to bed at 8pm...& I get kind of bored. So just a warning...you may see many more girls' night posts in the future! :)








4 comments:
We have never had those crepes...I know terrible! They look amazing, we need to get over there and try one, or 7 :) Looks like a fun night!!
I am happy for you
Ahh, you love me :)
Sounds Fun. Oh that crepe looks so good.
Post a Comment