9.17.2011

Trompo Visit #2 & BBQ

I'm determined to feel comfortable driving in Mexico by myself...so I drove to Verenice's house last Saturday to go with her to Trompo Magico. Granted, the drive to her house is pretty easy, & Lincoln was in the car with me, but I still felt proud of myself. :) The dogs even came along for the ride...
This was our 2nd visit to Trompo & it was a lot of fun. Kylee took care of the babies in the doctors' office...
She went grocery shopping...
(And even had a grocery list to shop from.)
She cooked food for me...
And served London fresh fish...
London & I had fun trying some of the science exhibits...
Then Kylee fished...
(Both times we've come here, Kylee has been afraid of the actual fishing process. The parents aren't allowed inside this exhibit, so this poor worker had to fish for Kylee, then let her take the fish from the end of the pole. (They just use plastic fish with magnets on the end of their mouths & a magnetic fishing pole.) This worker probably did this for at least 15 minutes. Luckily by the end, Kylee mustered up enough courage to fish for herself!)
Then it was time for lunch outside with the other Wives Club families that came, before everyone headed home for the day. Heather informed me that she was staying for a few more hours & invited me to stay with her. Since our husbands were studying together at my house anyway, & they had a big test on Monday, I figured I'd better keep Kylee away as long as I could. :) So we ended up staying at Trompo for 4 more hours!

Heather bought Kylee a bubble gum ice cream bar, which she obviously loved...
We looked at the fountains, & played in them...
(Until we were informed that the fountains weren't to play in.)
Riley struck a funny pose, while hiding from her mom & sisters behind a bench, (which may or may not have been my idea)...
And Kylee tried to imitate Riley when I took her picture...
After all of us got sunburned, we headed back inside again. Kylee had so much fun dancing to "Pump Up The Jam" in front of the "magnet dance" display...
Kylee & I headed to the reading area next, where I brushed up on my Spanish by reading "Oink, oink, Benito"...
Then it was back to the fishing area to play in the bubbles. When it was time to leave, Kylee wouldn't come out of the exhibit & no parents are allowed inside, so Riley came to the rescue...
When we got home, Heather & I decided that we might as well eat dinner together too. Lincoln cooked some burgers on our back patio & we had a little BBQ. Afterwards, the older girls played the iPad while the younger ones showed us their "tricks". Here's Kylee performing her favorite trick...
(Love the one slipper again & the big blob of something stuck to her other foot!)
Lincoln even did Kylee's signature trick...
It's so fun to have such good friends to spend time with on the weekends!

1 comment:

Susan Allen said...

That sounds like so much fun! Kylee was so cute in all the pictures. She's especially cute when she cooks! Sweet Sue's may need to hire her one day! Love you!!! mom

Blog Archive