9.09.2011

Not My Favorite Week

Well, we had an exciting fun-filled week last week, & this week has been frustrating and boring. We took Kylee to the doctor on Monday (I'm still so thankful that we have a doctor to see for FREE!) & found out that she has a double ear infection & a throat infection. I swear we've had more throat infections since we moved here than we have had in our entire lives! (Another interesting thing about the doctors here in Mexico: As far as I can tell, they never tell you the actual name of their diagnosis. All I know is that Kylee's throat looks "muy mal".) She is on 2 medications & is starting to feel better.

I've been feeling pretty sick since Tuesday. I've had bad headaches, some body aches & have been exhausted...but nothing else. This has happened to me a few times since we've been in Mexico & I've talked to a few other Americans who have experienced the same thing. It's just bad enough that I've been staying in my pajamas & hardly doing anything productive...besides filling my Pinterest boards with fun things. :)

Anyway, enough about our random illnesses. Yesterday, I had a little photo shoot with Kylee in her new Snow White dress. 

We blew bubbles on our back patio...
 I can't get over how cute this girl is...
 That is, until I took the bubbles inside. Then she had one of her throw-herself-on-the-ground-and-scream-bloody-murder fits...
(Do you like her dirty slipper & dirty bare foot?)
She finally came inside, climbed up on a chair & fell off backwards, hitting her head. When I sat Kylee on the couch, Daisy immediately jumped up next to her & didn't leave her side until she was sure that Kylee was feeling better. I'm telling you...this is one amazing dog! As you can see in the pic below, I'm still letting Kylee use her bottle. We've gotten her to only drink water in it, which I think is a step in the right direction. :)
 At 6:10pm, we headed to our favorite pastry store, La Canasta de Carmelita. Why? Because the pastries come out of the oven between 6:15 & 6:30 every night. We like them warm & fresh! (Don't worry...we don't have one every night. We limit ourselves to one or two pastries a week, even though I'd have one for every meal if I could.) The pastry store is a few blocks away from our house. Kylee was pretty excited that I let her keep her Princess dress on while we walked there!
 There's an empty lot down the street where some bunnies live. Kylee likes to stop & watch them...
 We both got "crema pastalera" pastries. They are heavenly. We went across the street to the pine tree park & sat in the grass while we ate them. Here's my attempt at a picture together, with my makeup-less face & messy hair, & Kylee saying "cheese" with a pastry in each hand. That's my girl!
I did realize that a lot of my bad attitude this week is probably coming from the fact that Jackson's birthday is coming up. I do this every year...I feel discouraged & spend way too much time wondering what my problem is. Then I realize that September 13th is almost here. Is it bad to say that I dread that day? I'm always relieved when it's over with & I know that it won't come again for a whole year. I try really hard to focus on the positive memories of that day, but it is hard. 

But I'm continually growing from the trials that I've had in the past & I am thankful for them. Even when I feel like I want that piece of me back that Jackson's death took away from me. Even when I feel like someone is missing from our home. Even when I see a curly-haired boy & want my curly-haired boy here on earth with me. I'm grateful. I'm humbled. I know that I'm loved.

3 comments:

Verenice said...

Oh Anja! I love you friend. You are so raw with your emotions.

But on a lighter note, I laughed at your description of you and Kylee with the pastry. Too funny. I could only wish I lived closer so I could walk with you at that time of night. I would SO do it.

Brea said...

sorry girl- It must be so difficult to be in a foreign country and be sick... and not know what you're really sick with. :( Kylee is so cute in her snow white dress! I love PJ days!

Thomas Jennifer Biggs said...

The Snow White dress is perfect for Kylee!! I know she will wear every day if you let her! You are a reminder to me of the strength that can be found, even through hard times! Keep it up, you are doing a great job!

Blog Archive