My mom & dad came to visit us here in Mexico this past week! It was SUCH a great visit. Their plane flew in late Tuesday night & Lincoln went to pick them up at the airport. One of our favorite taco shops, Los Serapes, was calling Linc's name on the way home, so they all stopped & picked up some food. The potatoes were a hit with my parents. They are the most greasy, cheesy things piled with meat & they are oh-so-good!
Kylee was SO excited to wake up Grandma & Grandpa the next morning when she found out that they were sleeping in "Kylee's house"! We had been talking with her all week about them coming!
After waking my parents up & giving lots of hugs & smiles, Kylee wanted to put on her Snow White dress & model all of her jewelry for them. Grandma even joined in the fun & modeled Kylee's Minnie sunglasses. Kylee's picking-her-nose pose happened at the last second. :)
That day was a holiday, so Lincoln didn't have school! We ate breakfast & headed to Chapala, which is about an hour from our house. Usually there are a bunch of vendor stands & people walking around Chapala, but it was pretty empty. There was a hurricane that hit 70 miles away from Guadalajara that day, so the weather was actually pretty cold & it rained a lot more than we are used to here. We were kind of bummed that my parents came during the rain, but we didn't let the weather stop us! It even gave us an excuse to dress Kylee up in her winter coat...
(I don't know why we even bothered rolling up her pants, since we let her jump in all of the rain puddles.)
We basically just walked straight to the seafood restaurant & hung out there most of the time we were in Chapala. It was fun to just spend time together & relax. We even had a few guys serenade us at our table!
This guy ended up charging us a bunch of money for his singing. I think we probably ended up paying for the experience a lot more than the music, but it was still fun...
I think I've mentioned before that a lot of restaurants here have indoor play equipment for the kids. Kylee spent some time on the swings with Grandma...
After lunch we stopped at a nieve stand for dessert, then headed home for a nice, long 3-hour nap. Then it was time to meet some friends (the Haskin's, Kottraba's & Powell's) at our favorite taco/crepe stand! It was so fun to introduce everyone to my parents & to eat the yummy food there.
Kylee held Grandma & Grandpa's hands on the way home...
And Mom & I got each other laughing so hard that our stomachs hurt. Man, I've missed that!
When we got home, we got a call from our neighbors & friends, the Arcila's, asking us to come over for some more food! We went & had such a great time with them. We ate the BEST Mexican food ever. This family is always introducing me to new Mexican dishes & they cook so well! After we ate, Kim played a few hymns on the piano while my Dad & I sang them in Spanish. That was my first time singing with my dad in Spanish, & I loved it!
By the time we made it home, Lincoln & Kylee were asleep but the rest of us weren't quite ready to call it a night yet. It was late & we were STUFFED, but we still managed to play some Monopoly Deal & eat the salt water taffy that my parents brought me from Disneyland. I don't think I've ever eaten that much food in a single day in my life. It was worse than being on a cruise! We sure do know how to pack A LOT into one day!









1 comment:
Great posts! You got a lot done in such a short time. I need to check out that aquarium. And those pics of Kylee crying are SO sad.
Post a Comment