10.25.2011

Goth Party 2011

On Friday, we hosted a Halloween party. We chose a Gothic theme & the invites said that everyone had to dress Goth. Some of you may know that Lincoln is fascinated with Goths (I have no idea why) so this was his dream come true!

I got sick the day after my parents left to go back to the U.S. I had a nasty stomach bug/fever/chills. Then a few days before the party, before I even got over that, Lincoln & I both came down with throat infections. I was tempted to postpone our party but Lincoln talked me into sticking with our original plan. It was not fun to plan a party when we were both sick, but the end result was definitely worth it.

OUR 1ST ANNUAL GOTH PARTY:
The decorations...






(This tree & headstone were SPRAY PAINTED on our kitchen wall by Lincoln!
Shhh...Don't tell our home owners!)
The cutest Gothic couple around...
Heather & I...
I heard multiple people say that Matt (pictured below) looks like a real Goth. I agree!
The girls...
(Heather, Montse, Vanessa, Brittany, Michelle, Verenice, me)
The boys...
(Josh, Robbie, Jaren, Lucas, Matt, Jared, Lincoln)
Game #1: 
Assemble the Skeleton...
And Label its Bones...
(perfect for the med students)
Game #2:
Pin the Nose Ring on the Goth...
Heather covered in "nose rings"...
Obviously the nose rings didn't all land on Jaren's nose...
Game #3: 
The Newly-Dead Game....
I didn't get any pictures of this, but it was the best one! If you hadn't guessed, this was the Newlywed Game, but with a Halloween twist! 

Questions we asked the girls:
1) If you took your partner to a haunted house, what would he scream during it?
"I want my mummy!", "Bring it on!" or "Hey, I have that same chainsaw at home!"
2) What is your partner's most bewitching physical attribute?
3) What Halloween monster would your partner most like to be in real life?
A werewolf, a vampire, a mummy or a warlock
4) Who is the creepiest girl that your partner dated?
5) What is your partner's most freakish hidden talent?

Questions we asked the guys:
1) What is your partner's most freakish hidden talent?
2) What is your partner most afraid of: 
Bats, snakes, rats or spiders
3) On what date were you dead set on kissing your partner for the first time?
4) What is your partner's most bewitching physical attribute?
5) What dish does  your partner cook in the kitchen that is to-die-for?

Brittany & Lucas (the only couple who isn't married) won the game! 

After the party, we picked Kylee up from the babysitter. Before she went to bed, Lincoln tried to give her a kiss & she refused. That's definitely the first time that's ever happened. I wonder why?
I think we are going to end up making this Goth Party an annual thing. It was way too much fun! :)

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

YES! I loved reading that this is going to be an annual thing. It was really a fun party! Thanks you guys for doing all the work...even though you were sick. XO

Ginger Bell said...

You guys are CRAZY. Didn't know you were such a party animal =)

Amber Stevenson said...

When I saw your Facebook pictures totally thought Matt was a natural Goth! So fun! Hope you are still enjoying the spray painted decorations :)

Jennifer Larson said...

Sounds like a blast. You guys are very creative

Kristina said...

Such a fun party! And you guys painted ON the wall?! You guys rock....

Blog Archive