4.10.2008

Why did I post this? Lincoln is working & I'm bored & it's my anniversary & I can't sleep. So in honor of that...100 things about us!!!

1) Our first date was our best one yet...it lasted 9 hours.
2) After our second date, we weren't sure if things would work out between us.
3) We call each other "babe" ALL the time!
4) We love to get on each other's nerves.
5) Lincoln hates my sense of humor & hopes our kids don't inherit it.
6) We do get in fights....but we don't yell at each other.
7) We were married 4 years ago today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) We can't wait to have kids. Jackson is one of our biggest blessings.
9) Lincoln is a better cook than I am.
10) We love renting tv shows from Netflix.
11) Lincoln doesn't show his emotions enough & I am overly-emotional.
12) We've lived in the same place since we've been married & have loved fixing up our place!
13) Lincoln is really into politics. I am trying to keep up with what is going on.
14) When either of us takes a shower the hot water runs out. We both take 20-30 minute showers almost every day.
15) We both like to read. Lincoln likes fantasy books & I love all kinds of books!
16) Lincoln played soccer, football & wrestled in school. I didn't play anything. :(
17) I hate cleaning the bathtub so he always cleans it & it is always spotless!!!
18) We love Coldstone's cake batter ice cream with peanut butter, fudge & peanut butter cups mixed in.
19) We both love seafood.
20) Lincoln wore Parley P. Pratt's temple clothes at our wedding.
21) We love coming up with different scenarios for when we have kids, to see how each of us would handle a certain situation.
22) We've traveled out of state 6 times together & half of those trips have been with my family.
23) We text each other more than we talk on the phone.
24) We always stay up way too late.
25) When we were engaged & for the first few years of our marriage I read to Lincoln in the car while he drove...even if we were just traveling a few miles. We've read many books together this way, including all of the Harry Potter books which we love!
26) Lincoln LOVES Star Wars & I still haven't seen all of the Star Wars movies.
27) The music Lincoln listens to drives me crazy. I used to turn it off every time we were in the car, but that caused a lot of fights....so now I just suck it up.
28) Lincoln grills something for dinner for us a few nights a week.
29) He is one of the most compassionate people I know. I really don't think any other guy would deal with my health problems as well as he does.
30) I hate calling businesses so I always make Lincoln do it.
31) I never drank fresh cow milk until I went to Lincoln's house when we were dating.
32) Linc came to Cali with my family & I when we were dating, and my dad introduced him to the people we were staying with as my fiance. I guess he knew that's where we were headed.
33) We both hate mustard.
34) I love dill pickles but Lincoln won't let me keep them in the house.
35) I became an aunt when I married Lincoln & I LOVE it. We have 8 nephews & 4 nieces.
36) He is the youngest in his family & I am the oldest.
37) We used to be late to church almost every week but we are getting better at it. Except for last week when we walked in & the bishop looked at us & tapped his watch....oops!
38) I am the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency & Lincoln is the Elders Quorum secretary.
39) Neither of us gets nervous giving talks in church.
40) We hope to travel together a lot when we are older.
41) When we were engaged we watched tons of chick flicks. I can count on 2 hands the number we've seen since we were married.
42) I pay the bills.
43) We try to have family council every Sunday to go over our schedules for the week & to talk about anything that has been bothering us.
44) We have our best talks while driving home from Snowflake.
45) Lincoln has had six different jobs since we've been married & I've had three. We finally know what we want to do with our lives now.
46) Lincoln went to Northland Pioneer College before his mission, & I went to Eastern Arizona (just for a semester) which I LOVED!!!
47) We both have 5 kids in our families....both have two girls first, then two boys, but in mine the last kid is a girl & in his it is a boy (him).
48) We are both procrastinators.
49) While doing my family history, I found that one of Lincoln's ancestors was married to one of my ancestors. They even were married the same day as Lincoln & I!
50) Lincoln paints my toes french tip & does a great job at it.
51) Lincoln sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the door...& we NEVER switch sides.
52) Lincoln is SO observant of everything while I'm not observant at all.
53) I love board games & he doesn't like them, but he'll play them with me if I ask him to.
54) We like watching Sam the Cooking Guy.
55) Lincoln gives me long foot massages a lot. The back rubs I give him last about 2 minutes & I've only rubbed his feet once.
56) We know that we'll have kids, because in my patriarchal blessing it says that our kids will test me & "will want to test the limits". I guess they'll inherit Lincoln's genes. :)
57) We both hate to dance.
58) When we go to sleep we turn opposite directions and don't touch.
59) We eat whole wheat everything.
60) The guy who introduced us to each other (Brian) is related to us both. Brian's dad is Lincoln's uncle & Brian's mom is my second cousin. So that means Lincoln & I are NOT blood related.
61) I was friends with Lincoln's friends before I met him.
62) One time after we were newly married, Lincoln was trying to impress me by cooking beans with his shirt off. They splattered all over his chest & burned him...it was hilarious.
63) We love Oklahoma. I don't know if we will ever move there, but we envy anyone who does.
64) I am currently playing kids games online to learn where the US states & capitals are. Lincoln knows where anything in the world is located.
65) Basically Lincoln is way smarter than me & I'm trying to catch up!
66) I eat cereal a few times a day & Lincoln's biggest downfall is soda.
67) We both grew up with lots of cousins our age & are still close to them.
68) We love riding quads.
69) Shopping with Lincoln is hard for me. He always wants me to wear clothes that I think I look horrible in & he doesn't like most of the clothes that I think look really good on me. :) I guess the same goes for me & the clothes I want him to wear.
70) Lincoln watches Oprah more than I do. Just ask Jana Miller if you don't believe me.
71) He never looks at our blog so he doesn't ever know what I write about him. :)
72) I always beat Lincoln in word games.
73) Lincoln calls me from work at 1am many nights...and sadly I am still awake. I have a hard time sleeping when he isn't here.
74) We are going to Omaha, Nauvoo, Chicago, and Washington this summer. We are so excited!!!
75) I am the most eloquent when I am arguing. Lincoln hates it.
76) If I show Lincoln a picture of me making a weird face he freaks out & tells me to delete the picture.
77) Lincoln's side of the closet is perfect...all of his clothes are on the same kind of hanger, face the same direction, and are separated into church clothes, work clothes, collared shirts, t-shirts & coats. My side has no order to it whatsoever.
78) We both like each other's hair long.
79) My grandma LOVES Lincoln. She definitely approves of him!
80) I laugh about 100 times a day & Lincoln laughs probably once a day...& it is never because of something I say.
81) Lincoln doesn't like Disneyland & I love it.
82) If you can't tell already, we are total opposites.
83) I was Lincoln's second girlfriend & he was my seventh boyfriend. He doesn't like that fact, until I remind him that he dated his girlfriend longer than I dated all my boyfriends combined. :)
84) Our first kiss was on his brother Matt's couch.
85) We got our wedding pictures taken 2 days before we were married. We went to Sonic after, not realizing how weird it would look with me in my wedding dress & Lincoln in his tux. Two days later, after our wedding, we went to Sonic again to grab something to eat before the reception....again in our wedding clothes....& the same girl was at the window! We were so embarassed.
86) Lincoln had really red hair when he was little & people mistaked me for a Mexican.
87) We both really like flying in airplanes.
88) I never wore heels until after I married Lincoln. I was all about skater shoes but he converted me.
89) We both enjoy going to plays.
90) I don't think I ever used a hammer, screwdriver or drill before I met Lincoln.
91) We are both interested in gardening & hope to have a big garden someday.
92) We hardly ever keep sweets in the house because we know that's all we'll eat if we do.
93) He doesn't know this, but I love the way he looks in his scrubs.
94) We buy a Christmas ornament whenever we go on vacation, as a souvenir.
95) We both love being outside.
96) We always wait until the last possible day to do our taxes...we haven't even touched ours yet this year. And every year we say that next year we will do them early.
97) We probably only go to the mall like 4 times a year & it is never to just look around.
98) We sleep with the fan on every night, even in the winter.
99) We both love cherry wood furniture.
100) We got over $1000 in Target gift cards when we got married...so the majority of what we own is from there.

I DARE any of you to come up with 100 things about you & your spouse....it's harder than you think!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Wow - 100 things - that is amazing! What a good wife you are. You guys are so cute - congrats on 4 years :)

Jana said...

Holy cow, Anjane'! Poor insomniac girl.
No, I don't think it would be harder than I think, because I think it would be SUPER hard! I probably could only think of like ten.

K Bailey said...

100 things? That's crazy!!!! Thanks for the plug about Oklahoma. :) Hope you make it here someday.

Geoff and Emily said...

Anjane' - it was fun to read those things about you and Lincoln. I am sure I could only come up with a couple of things... I am completely brain fried these days! Happy Anniversary to both of you, even if it was pretty uneventful! :)
Emily

Molly Scarbrough said...

your first kiss was on matt's couch! you little scoundrels! congrats on the 4 yrs.

Logan & Lindy said...

That was so fun to read all of those fun facts. It made me laugh. I am taking your challenge... I am at #64!!!

Clint and Jeni Hatch said...

I'm so glad you did this post!You two are one of the most giving and caring couple we know!! We just love you two and we really need to spend more time with you guys!! You are such a good example to us.

Tyra said...

Holy cow, what an observant wife you are, i think that i would have given up at 10.

Bekah: said...

ok i dont know how i missed this post. i just saw it!! how cute! i learned a TON about you guys. so funny to me that you guys got married! you are perfect for each other but i would never have thought...

Kristina said...

Anjane'! That was so fun to read so many things about you guys...you ARE different! But many things the same too. Happy Aniversary! 4 years already....!!

Krystal Allen Payne said...

I love this post. You guys are great, next time i'm up and can't sleep i'm gonna try it! haha

Blog Archive