5.21.2008

Pain Management





I went to a specialist last week & he told me that he thinks I have something in addition to my endometriosis that is causing my pain. The same afternoon, my ob/gyn called & told me that he thinks the same thing. These doctors hadn't talked to each other, so it really surprised me that they would both come to the same conclusion on the same day. In a way I am relieved because I have always been told that my case doesn't follow normal endometriosis cases. I am really worried though, because I have NO idea what else I would have. Obviously it isn't something that has shown up in ultrasounds or surgery. The specialist thinks I might be having pain in a different area than the problem is in (I can't remember what the name for that is). Anyway, until we figure out what is going on, the specialist wants me to start getting massages regularly & also wants me to do acupuncture. I am wondering if anyone knows of any cheap places to get either one of these things done. I've heard that if I get a note from my doctor saying that these things are medically necessary for me, that my insurance will cover it. That would be great if they would! I need to do some research in that area. Anyway, thanks everyone for your support! I really appreciate it!

12 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Hey Anjane'! I have a sister that just graduated from massage therapy school and she is very good. I think she is planning on charging $50 an hour but she'd probably give you a discount if you plan on doing it regularly. She has her own table and stuff so she can even do it at your house if you would like. Anyway, let me know if you are interested.

Mandy Abbott said...

I don't know any acupuncturists, but Emily does massages. And I need to get a prescription for weekly massages and acupuncture! It stinks that you're in so much pain, but sweet that you get pampered to try to help! My mom use to get acupuncture and she loved it! Good luck, I hope it helps your pain.

Nate and Kristen said...

My brother is a massage therapist. I'll have to see how much he charges. He's really good!

Nate and Kristen said...

My brother's website is toddolsenmassage.com Check it out!

Heather said...

I am pretty sure you can get insurance to cover it, especially with the good coverage you have! I hope they figure it out soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anjane',
Sorry to hear you are having such hard time. I hope some of this stuff will help. My OB office is called True Harmony, they have a naturopathic dr, and they also do acupuncture and massages there. Your insurance might be more likely to cover it if it's at a place like this??? Anyways, the website is trueharmonywellness.com, they have all of the info on there. It is a wonderful place...I loved it! I miss you and we need to get together soon! :)

Jana said...

Oooooh, massages! Sweet! I hope it helps because it is time for you to not hurt all the time!

Jenni Sue said...

Charlie's best friend, Rob, does accupuncture. He just graduated from naturalpathic (sp?) school. I would call Sara or Charlie and see what they know. Rob has adjusted me before. He's a really nice guy!

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

In case you are interested I am a massage therapist and I only do massage for friends. I worked in a massage place for 2 years and am SO done with that. I would give you a great deal since you are in so much pain! and You live so close to me! :)

I usually charge $40 an hour I would do $25

I only do massage now because i like to as favors and gifts. let me know if you are interested! Would love to help you out! I really believe in the power of healing that massage can do!

also most insurance companies will cover at least a 30 mins a massage like 1 2times a year, i know mine does for when i go see my chiropractor.

Ashley said...

Anjane'
I do not whether to feel sorry for you or to be jealous of you right now. Weekly massages and acupuntursits! You of all people deserve anything to help your poor little body feel better.

Shelley Goodman said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear that news. Those massages better make you feel better! Marcie actually gets 2 a month to help with her scoliocis (spelling ?) I will have to get her name and #. I know she is decently priced and works with a miropracter which is like a chiropractor but better.

Michelle Randall said...

I didn't want to leave a novel, so I sent you an email!

Blog Archive