I love those times when I feel like I am exactly where Heavenly Father wants me to be. I don't feel that "perfectly complete" feeling often, but I am constantly striving for it. For the past week or so I have been asking the Lord more specific questions about myself and the purpose of my life. It is hard for me to understand why I am limited in what I can do physically, when I feel like I have righteous goals that I need good health in order to achieve. I've been struggling with the fact that I'm not able to help people out very often physically, because I'm trying to get the basics done in my own life. Because these things take more effort & time for me when I am not feeling well, that leaves a lot less time for other people.
I have gotten many answers since I started being more specific and honest with praying and trying to figure out what my mission in life is. About a year ago my dad gave me a blessing and told me some interesting things about how I should be spending my time. Most of it was about talking and visiting with people every day and trying to lift others up. The ways that I was told I should go about doing this were very specific.
Let me just say that I REALLY want a full-time job. I haven't had a full-time job since October 2005. All I've wanted since then was to work again. I thrive on it and love interacting with different people and challenging myself and learning new things. It's been really difficult for me to not get what I want. I think I've kind of felt like after not having Jackson here, I should have the privilege of working. After I received that blessing from my dad, I realized that that might not be part of the Lord's plan for me. Even though my plans for my life make sense to ME, I have come to the realization (a year later) that I really don't know anything and that the Lord knows everything.
While my sister was giving us a tour at the Mormon Trail Center she challenged us to think of a question that we wanted an answer to. Mine was how to align my will with my Heavenly Father's. I wanted to have a stronger desire to do exactly what He wants me to do, without letting my own so-called wisdom or perspective lead me in a different direction. I know that once we stop pushing and just let Him in, that our way will be made SO much clearer for us. I have been so overcome with the Spirit these last few days, and I have been able to feel the Lord teaching me things every day. I actually feel like my mission in life is special. We are all SUPPOSED to lead different lives and have different experiences and be different people. He is so merciful and wise and knows me & knows exactly what I need. I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life and to have the knowledge that I am a child of God.
I really appreciate the many lives that I am able to witness. All of you teach me so much! I am continuing to feel better physically. It's a slow process but I am so thankful to be able to do more & more every day. I feel very complete right now in my life. :) Just thought I'd share....
7.29.2008
Testimony of the Lord's will
Posted by Hiatt Family at 10:25:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


10 comments:
I am so impressed with your humility. Sometimes I see people and wonder what I would do in there shoes. I hope that if I were given your set of circumstances that I would be as wonderful and humble as you obviously try so hard to be. I am sure you have your moments of dispare but I want you to know that people watch you in your trials and are learning from you and your amazing testimony. I know that I have told you how much I admire you but I want you to hear it again.
Lots of love!!!
I love comming to your blog you always have such an outstanding look on life. I learn so much from you. Thank you for you testimony, that is one thing that I miss about that word is being your V.T. I always came away from your home feeling so uplifted. You are such a special person and I am lucky to have known you.
I loved reading this post! Thanks for your testimony and outlook on life! You are one amazing gal!!!
Hey this was an awesome post very inspirational. I loved your testimony. Your words truely touch me thanks for your great example.
Anjane', you really do lift people up, and I appreciate you for that! I feel blessed to know you!
Melissa
Thank you for your example and words of wisdom...I feel like seeking and understanding the Lord's will has always been my challenge. Keep it up!
I think you have become exactly who the Lord wants you to be through the trials in your life. It is amazing that you have such a clear understanding of your purpose... I think that is something most people don't understand for a very long time! I know that I struggle still sometimes with understanding my purpose on earth. Thank you for your sweet words and testimony!
Thanks for sharing that. You are such a great example, and I'm so glad you're starting to feel better. We'd love to do something with you guys soon.
That was so touching and really good for me to hear right now. I am struggling to find a job right now in NY and it has been REALLY frustrating. I keep thinking things happen for a reason but I really just want to work. In the meantime however, I've found ways to serve people in our neighborhood and the ward. I still feel semi-useful. I really think you should submit that to the Ensign. I felt like was reading something from the Ensign. You are amazing and I'm so glad for all the discoveries you've made this year :)
thanks for the lift!
Post a Comment