3.23.2009

Overwhelmed

When I wake up in the morning, I lie in bed for about 30 minutes, trying to gear myself up for the day & trying to figure out how I can make it a good day. Then I get up and take 2 medications & wait 30 minutes until I eat breakfast. (If I was smarter, I would have the first 2 medications by my bed to take right when I woke up.) Then once I have something in my stomach, I take pain medication, a probiotic and sometimes ginger root for nausea. I then wait about 45 minutes for the pain medication to kick in...so it takes about 2 hours from the time I wake up until I can function somewhat & try to get things done. That is my morning routine right now & I really don't like it. I really dislike being on pain medication. It makes me so "out of it" sometimes. I can't focus, I can't drive, I can't think. If I don't take the pain medication though, I am in bed the whole day. I don't know what to do.

If the GI specialist can't find anything wrong with me, what do I do? I feel like I have no options. My endometriosis already makes me feel that way. These stomach problems just add to my pain & worries. I have no plan for my life. I can't set long-term goals while dealing with all of these things I'm going through right now. I am completely stressed out and overwhelmed. I started having pain last night (and am having it right now) that has to do with my endometriosis. Like I said before, I still have a REALLY terrible week every month. Every month I forget how bad the pain is until it hits. It takes my breath away, it is so painful! It honestly feels like labor...I'm not kidding. Even on painkillers, it hurts A LOT.

I have so many things I need to do this week. Doctor and visiting teaching appointments to keep, a wedding dinner & reception to go to, grocery shopping, Primary stuff, etc. How can I get these things done when I am in bed because of the pain or I can't drive because I'm on painkillers? Welcome to my life.

P.S.-I know I'm being totally negative...I'm trying to snap out of it.

3 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

I am so sorry that you are having so much pain! I know how especially hard it is to have pain that there is no diagnosis for. My sis Emily has had severe pain for several years now, and nothing is helping her either. I am so sorry! I am praying for you!

Melissa

Kami Milliron said...

Hang in there, you are doing all that you can right now. I know the Lord loves you and is in awe of your faithfulness to the Gospel and to your church callings. If I were in your position, I would probably never make it to church. But you do - all three hours ! What an amazing person you are. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that the GI Specialist finds something, anything to tell you.

Jana said...

If a GI specialist can't figure it out, you should probably just get your stomach removed. That would help, right?

Blog Archive