4.17.2009

Shoes


I went to Enrichment last night & the theme was "Sisterhood of the Traveling Shoes". We each brought a shoe with us that had significant meaning. (I didn't bring these red shoes...I just think they are cute. :)) I brought some worn out brown shoes that I wore on my first date with Lincoln...kind of lame, but they do hold a certain significance in my life. Anyway, we ate dinner & then one by one told the story of our shoes. I was amazed to hear women who I've known for years talk about something that happened in their life that I had no clue about. Many of the stories were about shoes that they had worn during a huge trial in their life. A few stories had to deal with major heartache. I realized last night that I tend to get so caught up in my own trials, that I forget that everyone around me has had or will have hard things happen to them. Sometimes I feel incredibly alone when I'm dealing with this chronic pain and waiting for answers that aren't coming. I discovered that listening to others talk about their trials and the healing that has come into their lives, gives me hope and courage to deal with my own trials. The saying "Don't judge someone until you've walked in their shoes" took on new meaning to me. It just goes to show that we are all in this together.

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

I think that is a great idea.

You've been in my thoughts and prayers a lot recently. I really hope you can get some answers. You deserve to be healthy!

Jana said...

I loved that enrichment! It was so uplifting just to share moments from our lives...I really loved it!

Blog Archive