5.02.2009

Joy

I watched Elder Richard G. Scott's talk from this past conference for the first time tonight. He tells about the death of two of his children, who died six weeks apart from each other. Also, his wife died 14 years ago...Elder Scott is very well acquainted with losing loved ones. I felt a level of compassion for him that I wouldn't have been able to feel a few years ago. I wondered at his calm demeanor as he told his story. I could feel his faith. What a remarkable man!

Elder Scott reminded me of what I felt the moment I had Jackson. Everything felt perfect. I couldn't believe that I had the privilege of having such a beautiful little boy inside my body for 9 months. Lincoln & I felt perfectly united at that time. We felt God's love so strongly. We felt PURE JOY. It was so easy to feel that way. I don't think that we did anything to deserve that happiness...it was just given to us.

I wish I could adequately describe the feelings that we had that day and throughout the coming weeks. We'll never forget that experience. I was glad to be reminded of these things tonight.

1 comment:

Emily Morgan said...

That was a wonderful talk - you are an inspiration, Anjane'!

Blog Archive