I had another acupuncture treatment today. I've been going to see Jim (my acupuncturist) for quite some time now...he is a miracle worker! Linc came with me to my appointment today. It was only the second appointment he had ever been to and I think he enjoyed it. Lincoln has become a lot more interested in the benefits of acupuncture & how it works, since he's seen such huge improvements in my health since I started going to see Jim. I am 99% sure I wouldn't be able to make these changes that I'm making in my diet and exercise, and overall health, if it weren't for acupuncture. I'm incredibly thankful that I have something that brings me some relief with NO negative side effects. Although I'm still struggling with my health, acupuncture makes things do-able for sure. Because Linc was there, he was able to take some pictures so that I could see what I look like with needles stuck all over my body. Here is my lovely ear! I have to admit, these ear points probably hurt the most...the ear is sensitive!
This picture is so goofy...it makes me laugh! Jim always puts a needle in the middle of my forehead (it's an anti-stress/anti-anxiety point) and one in the top of my head. After the needles are in for a minute I get pretty numb to them, so I'm always a little paranoid that he's going to forget to pull one out and I will be walking to my truck with a needle poking out of my head. It hasn't happened yet. :)
Jim also put me back on some herbs that he gave me about six months ago. The first time I took them, I got sick, but he wants me to try a lesser dose and see if they help me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going into my "bad week" and have a minor infection on top of that, so I'm really hoping that today's acupuncture session helps make things a little easier. I'm sure it will. Hooray for acupuncture and for the best acupuncturist around!!!
6.23.2009
Acupuncture
Posted by Hiatt Family at 11:03:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- May (1)
- February (1)
- January (14)
- December (11)
- November (9)
- October (11)
- September (14)
- August (11)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (13)
- April (13)
- March (14)
- February (19)
- January (21)
- December (22)
- November (15)
- October (19)
- September (25)
- August (19)
- July (19)
- June (10)
- May (15)
- April (13)
- March (18)
- February (23)
- January (21)
- December (29)
- November (17)
- October (21)
- September (26)
- August (9)
- July (29)
- June (30)
- May (24)
- April (21)
- March (49)
- February (26)
- January (27)
- December (30)
- November (20)
- October (20)
- September (22)
- August (30)
- July (24)
- June (10)
- May (16)
- April (16)
- March (13)
- February (7)
- January (6)
- December (11)
- November (19)
- October (14)
- September (17)
- August (8)
- July (23)
- June (14)
- May (14)
- April (3)
- March (12)
- February (13)


1 comment:
Eeeek, needles in your ears and head ! I couldn't do it. You are a strong woman : )
Post a Comment