7.06.2009

Visiting Jackson's Grave

Saturday was the hardest day I've had in a really, really long time. I only remember one Christmas since I had Jackson and one of Jackson's birthdays (and of course right after I had him) when I missed him so much and felt so sad about him not being here. I would have never thought a 4th of July would have brought out those emotions in me, but that's the crazy thing about grief...it can hit at any time. I never realized, until having to go through losing a child myself, that you can still feel such a deep sense of loss years after they are gone and that the feelings can hit so suddenly and so hard. Time does help so, so much, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if ten years down the road I have another day like this. It's just part of this whole process. Anyway, I bought some flowers for Jackson on Saturday and took them to his grave. They looked so pretty sitting there next to his headstone...

I had to take a picture of myself since I was alone. I LOVE going to the cemetery by myself. I've only done it a few times, but plan on doing it more. Of course I love visiting his grave with Lincoln too, but there is something about being there by myself with my little boy. Even though I know it is just his body that is there, I feel his spirit SO strongly every time I go...especially when I just sit and think about him by myself. Oh, I love this little guy. I miss him so much. I wish I could hug him and play with him and teach him. I know I just have to be patient and that day will eventually come.

This is truly my favorite place in the world.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Not long ago I heard a woman talk about losing her husband 10 years ago. She said even after 10 years there are still days that she cries. She said if you take the grief out of life you take the love out of life.

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh, Anjane', I'm so glad we have the knowledge that we have - to know that someday you will hold that sweet little boy again. You'd make such a great mom. I really hope you get the chance in this lifetime...and SOON...to be a mom again and raise at least one child in this world. That child would be so blessed to have you and Lincoln as parents.

Blog Archive