8.16.2009

Charity

I've been trying harder on Sunday mornings to better prepare myself to feel the Spirit at church. This morning I read today's Relief Society lesson, which is about charity. As I was reading, my thoughts turned to all of the heartfelt acts that were performed for us when we found out that Jackson had died. I have never felt so much love and support as I did during that time. I have a shoe box full of letters & cards that people sent us...I pulled the box out and read through them all this morning & am completely overcome with emotion. There are so many genuine, honest, caring, charitable people out there in the world, and Lincoln and I are blessed to be acquainted with many of them. My heart is full today as I prepare to go to church. I know that so many people want what is best for us and that they rejoice when we rejoice and mourn when we mourn. I'm so thankful.
Update: If anyone in my ward reads this & thinks I'm clueless...I was out of town last Sunday & the Elders Quorum's lesson schedule is a week behind. :)

2 comments:

AmyLyn said...

Great idea to prepare your mind! It'd be a good idea for me to do that since I'm in Young Women's every Sunday!

Bekah: said...

That is so tender. I love you.

Blog Archive