8.30.2010

Life Without Lincoln

I'm not going to lie...life without Lincoln is pretty boring! I was totally depressed the first 2 days he was gone all day, but I snapped out of it pretty quickly & have actually enjoyed myself since then. :) Kylee & I play all day and go to Target almost daily. (I purposefully divide my grocery list into 3 or 4 trips instead of 1, so we have something fun to do.) I've met up with old friends and had play dates...something I never really did much of when I wasn't feeling well & when Lincoln was home part of the day. It's been really fun! Linc is glad that I can actually do the "hang out with other moms" thing. I think he was kind of worried about it for awhile. Whenever we are in a group, I tend to want to do whatever the guys are doing. I also don't make much of an effort to organize get-togethers...so it looks like there IS some hope for me after all!
We had all day Sunday to spend time together as a family. It was a great day! We went to my parents' for dinner. Aaron & Kylee had fun reading together. We are so glad that Aaron has decided to stay in AZ this semester!!! (And yes, Kylee likes to go topless these days. Actually, it is usually because she spills something down the front of her shirt. On this day, Grandpa fed her too many chocolate covered blueberries & they didn't all end up in her mouth. :) )

I hesitated posting this, but couldn't resist showing that Kylee has a little bit of Snowflake in her blood. That's right, give your 1-year-old a pocketknife to play with! (This is a fight I will never win.)

That's about it! Linc takes the MCAT in less than 2 weeks! Cross your fingers!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive