I wrote a post in honor of Daisy a few months ago. Here is my post devoted to Duke.
Warning: You may be jealous that you don't have a dog as cool as this one. I feel bad for you.
Another warning: I'm kind of in a weird mood. Hence, this extremely weird post about my dog.
(You can blame this mood on the dance party I just had with my family. When I watch my dad do "the worm" over & over, I can't help but feel a little silly.)
DUKE...
I love the way you sit on the stairs, so deep in thought. It's inspiring.
Even though you spend most of your day sleeping under the bed, I'm glad you decide to grace me with your presence once in awhile...even if it is just because you want something from me.
One of my favorite things on earth is your face. I LOVE it. It's one of my top 10 things that I can't live without. If I never saw that face again, I'm not quite sure what I would do. That's why I tell Lincoln at least once a week, "I'm in LOVE with Duke's face!"
I'm sorry that I thought you were a girl when we first got you. At least I still picked you as the dog I wanted to keep.
LONG LIVE DUKERS!!!
P.S. When we decided to get a dog, it was originally supposed to be one dog, not two. Linc's mom decided to send us two dogs to choose between. Lincoln & I gave ourselves one week to decide. All week, we told each other that we liked the girl dog better. We were glad it was such an easy decision for us. However, when we went to take the boy dog back, I realized I had made a mistake. I apparently didn't know how to tell a boy from a girl. (I'm blaming it on the fact that I didn't grow up in Snowflake. Not because anyone should be able to tell the difference.) We quickly realized that I had my heart set on keeping Duke & Lincoln had his heart set on keeping Daisy. So we kept both.
P.S. When we decided to get a dog, it was originally supposed to be one dog, not two. Linc's mom decided to send us two dogs to choose between. Lincoln & I gave ourselves one week to decide. All week, we told each other that we liked the girl dog better. We were glad it was such an easy decision for us. However, when we went to take the boy dog back, I realized I had made a mistake. I apparently didn't know how to tell a boy from a girl. (I'm blaming it on the fact that I didn't grow up in Snowflake. Not because anyone should be able to tell the difference.) We quickly realized that I had my heart set on keeping Duke & Lincoln had his heart set on keeping Daisy. So we kept both.



2 comments:
Oh. Brother. (I mean that in a joking way you two!)
That's funny (on how you came to have two dogs). Don't worry, I don't know if I would have been able to tell the difference either! Cute post.
Post a Comment