A year ago, it was still just Lincoln & I. He was going to school & working full-time & was hardly ever home. I was home all day by myself, feeling better than I had in awhile, trying to get back on my feet.
 |
| Picture taken August 7th, 2009, when Kylee was 10 days old. |
 |
Picture taken by Breonna (Kylee's birth mother), when Kylee was a few weeks old.
One year ago, at this time I was packing to go to California. Lincoln was asleep after working all night in the ER. We were going about our normal, everyday lives with no idea that our lives were about to change completely. I got the phone call at 11am that there was a 4 1/2-week-old girl who needed to be adopted...and that this girl's parents thought that Lincoln & I might be the ones to do it.
They didn't know anything about us. They had never seen a picture of us. They had never known that we existed. We had never known that they existed. And we had no idea that this sweet little girl had been born into the world.
My sister had taken them dinner and sat next to them in Sunday School. And the Lord took those little circumstances and turned them into something huge.
"By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass."
-Alma 37:6 |
1 comment:
A true miracle
Post a Comment